NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Venue: Kenan Memorial Stadium
|North Carolina||-7.5 (-104)||–||-285|
The No. 20 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) are favored by 7.5 points against the Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-0) on September 16, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN.
The Tar Heels head into the matchup after winning 40-34 over the Appalachian State Mountaineers in their last outing on September 9. Their last time out, the Golden Gophers won 25-6 over the Eastern Michigan Eagles.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
North Carolina vs. Minnesota Key Stats
- North Carolina has averaged 27.5 more points this season (35.5) than Minnesota has allowed (8.0).
- In games where North Carolina scores more than 8.0 points, it is 2-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- Minnesota is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 35.5 points.
- This year Minnesota racks up 6.5 fewer points per game (19.0) than North Carolina allows (25.5).
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||482.0 (32)||332.0 (105)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||422.5 (101)||223.5 (8)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||243.5 (9)||175.5 (52)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||238.5 (65)||156.5 (121)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||3 (72)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||1 (109)||5 (12)|
North Carolina vs. Minnesota Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- North Carolina has put together a 0-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- North Carolina has not covered the spread when favored by 7.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
North Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Drake Maye has posted 477 passing yards (238.5 per game) with a 72.6% completion percentage (45-for-62) while tossing two touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has 82 yards on the ground via 15 carries and one rushing touchdown.
- Omarion Hampton has 42 carries for a team-high 271 rushing yards (135.5 per game) and five touchdowns.
- So far this year British Brooks has run for 103 yards (51.5 per game).
- Kobe Paysour has 15 receptions for a team-high 139 yards (69.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- J.J. Jones has also added 115 yards, on seven catches. He averages 57.5 receiving yards per game.
- John Copenhaver has caught three passes for 52 yards and one touchdown, averaging 26.0 yards per game.
- This season Kaimon Rucker leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 5.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Cedric Gray’s 18 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks make him the team’s tackle leader.
- Don Chapman has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended in two games this season.
Minnesota Statistical Leaders
- Athan Kaliakmanis has thrown for 313 yards while completing 57.6% of his passes, with one touchdown and two interceptions (156.5 yards per game).
- Darius Taylor has 34 attempts for a team-high 196 rushing yards (98.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Sean Tyler has run for 134 yards on 27 carries (67.0 yards per game).
- Daniel Jackson has reeled in 11 passes for a team best 110 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 20 times, and averages 55.0 yards per game.
- Corey Crooms’ stat line this year reveals 10 catches for 108 yards. He puts up 54.0 receiving yards per game.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford is averaging 25.0 yards per game, with seven catches for 50 yards.
- Kyler Baugh has registered a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and three tackles.
- Maverick Baranowski’s four tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Tyler Nubin has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!