NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: FOX
- City: Columbus, Ohio
- Venue: Ohio Stadium
|Ohio State||-28.5 (-112)||O 63.5 (-116)||-10000|
|Western Kentucky||+28.5 (-108)||U 63.5 (-109)||+1569|
The No. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) are considered favorites (-28.5) according to the point spread ahead of their game against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (2-0) on September 16, 2023, starting at 4:00 PM ET, airing on FOX. The total for this one is set at 63.5 points.
The Buckeyes head into the matchup after winning 35-7 over the Youngstown State Penguins in their last outing on September 9. The Hilltoppers are coming off of a 52-22 win over the Houston Christian Huskies.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio State vs. Western Kentucky Key Stats
- Ohio State has averaged 6.0 more points this season (29.0) than Western Kentucky has allowed (23.0).
- When the Toppers defense allows less than 29.0 points, Western Kentucky has accumulated a 2-0 overall record and a 1-0 record against the spread.
- Western Kentucky scores 46.5 points per game, 41.5 more than Ohio State allows (5.0).
- Western Kentucky is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it records more than 5.0 points.
- This season Ohio State is 0-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 46.5 points.
Below are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Ohio State||Western Kentucky|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||431.0 (61)||449.0 (50)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||193.5 (4)||454.0 (112)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||133.0 (87)||122.0 (98)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||298.0 (29)||327.0 (12)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (10)||0 (1)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||1 (109)||6 (5)|
Ohio State vs. Western Kentucky Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 75.5 points per game, 12.0 points more than the over/under of 63.5 for this game.
- These two teams surrender a combined 28 points per game, 35.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Ohio State has not won against the spread this season in one games with a spread.
- Western Kentucky has won one game against the spread this season.
- Ohio State has not covered the spread when favored by 28.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio State Statistical Leaders
- Kyle McCord has thrown for 497 yards while connecting on 64.2% of his passes (34-for-53), with three touchdowns and one interception (248.5 yards per game).
- TreVeyon Henderson has taken 17 attempts for a team-high 103 rushing yards (51.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has 77 rushing yards on 14 carries.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has nine catches (on 18 targets) and leads the team with 178 receiving yards (89.0 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Emeka Egbuka has also tacked on eight receptions (on 13 targets) for 110 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Cade Stover is averaging 49.0 yards per game, racking up five receptions (seven targets) for 98 yards.
- Hero Kanu has notched a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding 1.0 TFL and three tackles.
- This season Tommy Eichenberg has collected 10 tackles and one sack, leading his team in tackles.
- This season Denzel Burke leads the team with one interception and has added one pass defended.
Western Kentucky Statistical Leaders
- This season Austin Reed has collected 589 passing yards (294.5 per game) while going 56-for-83 (67.5%) and throwing for six touchdowns with zero interceptions. He has tacked on 41 rushing yards on seven carries with two touchdowns.
- Davion Ervin-Poindexter has run for a team-leading 78 yards on 15 carries (39.0 yards per game).
- Markese Stepp has rushed for 69 yards on 13 carries (34.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Easton Messer has hauled in 11 passes for a team best 134 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 12 times, and averages 67.0 yards per game.
- Dalvin Smith has contributed with nine receptions (on 13 targets) for 107 yards and one touchdown.
- Blue Smith has caught eight passes on nine targets for 88 yards and one touchdown.
- Kendrick Simpkins has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Jaques Evans has collected 11 tackles and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- Desmyn Baker has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding eight tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!