NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: FOX
- City: Champaign, Illinois
- Venue: Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL)
|Penn State||-14.5 (-109)||O 48.5 (-112)||-769|
|Illinois||+14.5 (-111)||U 48.5 (-113)||+506|
The No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) and Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1) will meet in a battle of two conference rivals. The Nittany Lions are big favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -14.5). The over/under for this one is set at 48.5 points.
The Nittany Lions knocked off the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens 63-7 in their most recent game. Last time out, the Fighting Illini lost 34-23 to the Kansas Jayhawks.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Penn State vs. Illinois Key Stats
- Penn State, on average, scores 19.5 more points (50.5) than Illinois allows (31.0).
- When it goes over what Illinois gives up this season (31.0 points per game), Penn State is 2-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- Illinois is 1-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 50.5 points.
- Illinois racks up 15.5 more points per game (26.5) than Penn State allows (11.0).
- When Illinois scores more than 11.0 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- Penn State has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it gives up less than 26.5 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||509.5 (22)||357.5 (93)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||224.0 (10)||477.5 (116)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||230.5 (16)||151.0 (72)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||279.0 (41)||206.5 (92)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1)||3 (72)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (71)||3 (44)|
Penn State vs. Illinois Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the contest of 48.5 is 28.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Penn State (50.5 points per game) and Illinois (26.5 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 42 points per game, 6.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Penn State has won one game against the spread this season.
- Illinois has not won against the spread this season in two chances.
- Penn State has covered the spread when playing as at least 14.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Penn State Statistical Leaders
- Drew Allar has registered 529 passing yards (264.5 per game) while completing 43 of 55 throws (78.2%), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has added 28 rushing yards (and one touchdown), averaging 14.0 per game.
- Kaytron Allen has run for a team-best 154 yards (77.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Nicholas Singleton has 117 rushing yards on 25 carries, and four touchdowns.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith has 10 receptions for a team-high 197 yards (98.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Harrison Wallace III has also added 98 yards, on 10 catches. He puts up 49.0 receiving yards per game.
- Malik McClain has caught five passes on five targets for 65 yards and one touchdown.
- Jaylen Reed has collected a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding 1.0 TFL and five tackles.
- Curtis Jacobs has racked up nine tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Dominic DeLuca has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Luke Altmyer has thrown for 413 yards while completing 68.5% of his passes, with three touchdowns and three interceptions (206.5 yards per game). He also has 22 carries for 139 yards and two touchdowns.
- Reggie Love III has 103 yards on 20 carries (51.5 yards per game).
- This year Isaiah Williams has 11 receptions and leads the team with 150 yards (75.0 per game).
- Casey Washington’s stat line this year shows seven catches for 68 yards. He puts up 34.0 receiving yards per game.
- Pat Bryant has collected 66 yards on seven receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 33.0 yards per game.
- Jer’Zhan Newton has registered a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Miles Scott’s 13 tackles and one interception mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- In terms of picks, Xavier Scott leads the team with one interception this season and has added 12 tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!