NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Piscataway, New Jersey
- Venue: SHI Stadium
|Rutgers||-8.5 (-109)||O 44.5 (-112)||-322|
|Temple||+8.5 (-111)||U 44.5 (-113)||+249|
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0) are favored by 8.5 points against the Temple Owls (1-0) on September 9, 2023, starting at 7:30 PM ET, airing on BTN. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 44.5.
The Scarlet Knights took down the Northwestern Wildcats 24-7 in their most recent outing. The Owls are coming off of a 24-21 win over the Akron Zips.
We’ve collected all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Rutgers vs. Temple Key Stats
- Rutgers has put an average of 24.0 points per game on the board this season, 3.0 more than the 21.0 Temple has surrendered.
- Temple averages 24.0 points per game, 17.0 more than Rutgers allows (7.0).
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||285.0 (108)||353.0 (91)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||201.0 (13)||279.0 (42)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||122.0 (87)||61.0 (118)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||163.0 (103)||292.0 (36)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (39)||0 (1)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (26)||1 (50)|
Rutgers vs. Temple Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 48 points per game, 3.5 points more than the over/under of 44.5 for this game.
- The 28 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 16.5 fewer than the 44.5 over/under in this contest.
- Rutgers has covered in its only game with a spread this season.
- Temple has not won against the spread this year in one opportunities.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Rutgers Statistical Leaders
- Gavin Wimsatt has registered 163 passing yards (163.0 per game) while completing 17 of 29 throws (58.6%), with one touchdown and zero interceptions. He has added 33 rushing yards (and one touchdown), averaging 33.0 per game.
- Kyle Monangai has run for a team-high 49 yards (49.0 per game) and scored one touchdown. He also averages 20.0 receiving yards, hauling in one pass for 20 yards.
- Ja’shon Benjamin has 46 rushing yards on 20 attempts.
- Isaiah Washington has hauled in four passes for a team-high 36 yards. He averages 36.0 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Long has also tacked on two catches for 28 yards. He has been targeted six times and averages 28.0 receiving yards per game.
- Johnny Langan has caught four passes for 27 yards, averaging 27.0 yards per game.
- Shaquan Loyal has 1.0 sack to lead the team, and has also added 1.0 TFL and four tackles.
- Deion Jennings has racked up nine tackles, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Max Melton leads the team with one interception and has added one pass defended.
Temple Statistical Leaders
- E.J. Warner has 292 passing yards (292.0 per game) and a 57.1% completion percentage, throwing two touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
- Darvon Hubbard has rushed for a team-leading 35 yards on 10 attempts (35.0 yards per game).
- So far this season Edward Saydee has rushed for 18 yards on eight carries (18.0 yards per game). Saydee also figures in the passing game, catching five passes for 37 (37.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Dante Wright has been targeted 12 times and has seven catches, leading his team with 71 yards (71.0 per game).
- Amad Anderson Jr.’s stat line this year shows four catches for 65 yards. He averages 65.0 receiving yards per game.
- David Martin-Robinson has caught four passes on eight targets for 51 yards, averaging 51.0 yards per game.
- This season Layton Jordan has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, collecting 1.0 sack, 1.0 TFL.
- Tywan Francis has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!