NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Piscataway, New Jersey
- Venue: SHI Stadium
|Rutgers||-6.5 (-116)||O 38.5 (-109)||-270|
|Virginia Tech||+6.5 (-105)||U 38.5 (-116)||+212|
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-0) are favored by 6.5 points versus the Virginia Tech Hokies (1-1) on September 16, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on BTN. An over/under of 38.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Scarlet Knights head into the matchup after winning 36-7 over the Temple Owls in their last outing on September 9. Last time out, the Hokies were beaten by the Purdue Boilermakers 24-17.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech Key Stats
- Rutgers, on average, is scoring 9.5 more points per game this season (30.0) than Virginia Tech is allowing (20.5).
- When it exceeds what Virginia Tech gives up this season (20.5 points per game), Rutgers is 2-0 and 2-0 against the spread.
- Virginia Tech is 1-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 30.0 points.
- This season Virginia Tech averages 19.5 more points per game (26.5) than Rutgers gives up (7.0).
- When Virginia Tech records more than 7.0 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- Rutgers has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it surrenders less than 26.5 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||368.5 (89)||327.0 (108)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||249.5 (18)||361.0 (76)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||188.0 (43)||60.0 (123)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||180.5 (108)||267.0 (47)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||2 (37)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||4 (30)||3 (44)|
Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the contest of 38.5 is 18.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Rutgers (30.0 points per game) and Virginia Tech (26.5 points per game).
- The 27.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 11.0 fewer than the 38.5 over/under in this contest.
- Rutgers has won two games against the spread this season.
- Virginia Tech is winless against the spread this season (0-1-0).
- Rutgers has covered the spread when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites in two of two games this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Rutgers Statistical Leaders
- Gavin Wimsatt has posted 361 passing yards (180.5 per game) with a 54% completion percentage (27-for-50) while tossing two touchdowns. He also has 57 yards on the ground via 17 attempts and one rushing touchdown.
- Kyle Monangai has picked up a team-high 214 rushing yards (107.0 per game) and two scores.
- Ja’shon Benjamin has 82 rushing yards on 25 carries. He also has one catch for 33 yards and one score.
- JaQuae Jackson has racked up five catches for 99 yards, best on his team. He has been targeted eight times, and averages 49.5 receiving yards per game.
- Isaiah Washington’s stat line this year reveals six catches for 60 yards. He averages 30.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 11 times.
- Christian Dremel has caught four passes on nine targets for 38 yards.
- This season Rene Konga leads the team with 1.0 sack and has added 1.0 TFL and five tackles.
- This season Tyreem Powell has racked up 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack, leading his team in tackles.
- Jordan Thompson has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding four tackles and one pass defended.
Virginia Tech Statistical Leaders
- This year Grant Wells has recorded 494 passing yards (247.0 per game) while going 33-for-62 (53.2%) and throwing for five touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Bhayshul Tuten has rushed for a team-leading 59 yards on 27 attempts (29.5 yards per game). He also averages 25.0 receiving yards per game, grabbing three passes for 50 yards and one touchdown.
- Malachi Thomas has run for 40 yards on 18 carries (20.0 yards per game).
- Jaylin Lane has been targeted 12 times and has nine catches, leading his team with 123 yards (61.5 per game) while also scoring two touchdowns.
- Dae’Quan Wright has hauled in five catches for 91 yards (45.5 per game).
- Stephen Gosnell has caught four passes on six targets for 82 yards.
- This season Antwaun Powell leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Keli Lawson’s 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks make him the team’s tackle leader.
- In terms of picks, Dorian Strong leads the team with one interception this season and has added one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!