NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Venue: Lane Stadium
|Virginia Tech||-2.5 (-123)||O 50.5 (-109)||-147|
|Purdue||+2.5 (+101)||U 50.5 (-116)||+120|
The Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) are favored by 2.5 points against the Purdue Boilermakers (0-1) on September 9, 2023, starting at 12:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN2. The game has an over/under of 50.5 points.
The Hokies beat the Old Dominion Monarchs 36-17 in their last game. The Boilermakers’ last game finished in a 39-35 loss to the Fresno State Bulldogs.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Virginia Tech vs. Purdue Key Stats
- Purdue has allowed an average of 39 points per game, three more than the 36 Virginia Tech has scored.
- This year Purdue puts up 18 more points per game (35) than Virginia Tech allows (17).
Below are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||368 (85)||363 (87)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||295 (50)||487 (104)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||109 (96)||109 (96)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||259 (56)||254 (58)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1)||0 (1)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (7)||1 (50)|
Virginia Tech vs. Purdue Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Virginia Tech and Purdue combined to average 4.6 fewer points per game a season ago than the over/under of 50.5 set for this game.
- Virginia Tech and Purdue allowed their opponents to average a combined 1.6 more points per game last season than the point total of 50.5 set in this game.
- Virginia Tech put together a 4-7-0 ATS record last year.
- Purdue went 5-9-0 ATS last season.
- Virginia Tech covered the spread once when favored by 2.5 points or more last season (in four opportunities).
- Purdue covered the spread three times last year (3-3 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Virginia Tech Statistical Leaders
- Grant Wells has 251 passing yards (251 YPG) and a 58.6% completion percentage (17-for-29) while throwing three touchdowns. He also has 27 rushing yards on seven attempts (plus one touchdown), averaging 27 YPG.
- Bhayshul Tuten has 19 rushing attempts for a team-best 55 rushing yards (55 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Ali Jennings has been targeted seven times and has five catches, leading his team with 72 yards (72 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Jaylin Lane has also chipped in with four catches for 69 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted six times and averages 69 receiving yards per game.
- Da’Quan Felton has racked up 34 yards on one catches, averaging 34 yards per game.
- Antwaun Powell boasts an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, collecting two sacks, one TFL and six tackles.
- This season Dorian Strong leads the team with one interception and has added one pass defended.
Purdue Statistical Leaders
- This year Hudson Card has put up 254 passing yards (254 per game) while going 17-for-30 (56.7%) and throwing for two touchdowns with zero interceptions. He has tacked on 29 rushing yards on six carries.
- Devin Mockobee has taken 16 attempts for a team-leading 60 rushing yards (60 per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught three passes for 16 yards (16 receiving yards per game).
- Deion Burks has reeled in four passes for a team-high 152 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 10 times, and averages 152 yards per game.
- Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen has chipped in with 46 yards on four catches. He has been targeted five times and averages 46 receiving yards.
- TJ Sheffield is averaging 22 receiving yards per game, racking up three receptions (four targets) for 22 yards.
- O.C. Brothers has one sack to lead the team, and has also collected one TFL and four tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Markevious Brown has racked up nine tackles and one TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Dillon Thieneman has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding nine tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!