NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Venue: Scott Stadium
|Virginia||– ()||O 40.5 (-112)||+181|
|James Madison||+ ()||U 40.5 (-113)||-227|
The Virginia Cavaliers (0-1) are considered favorites (-) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the James Madison Dukes (1-0) on September 9, 2023, starting at 12:00 PM ET, airing on ESPNU. The game has an over/under of 40.5 points.
In their most recent outing, the Cavaliers fell to the Tennessee Volunteers 49-13. The Dukes’ most recent game ended in a 38-3 win over the Bucknell Bison.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Virginia vs. James Madison Key Stats
- Virginia, on average, is scoring 10 more points per game this season (13) than James Madison is allowing (3).
- This season James Madison puts up 11 fewer points per game (38) than Virginia gives up (49).
Here are some more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||201 (127)||436 (60)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||499 (108)||208 (15)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||95 (105)||261 (15)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||106 (125)||175 (94)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1)||1 (39)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||1 (50)||1 (50)|
Virginia vs. James Madison Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- These teams averaged a combined 54 points per game a season ago, 13.5 more points than the total of 40.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams averaged a combined 44.9 points per game last season, 4.4 more than the point total for this game.
- Virginia covered four times in 10 chances against the spread last season.
- James Madison covered seven times in 11 matchups with a spread last season.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Virginia Statistical Leaders
- This season Tony Muskett has 94 passing yards (94 yards per game) while going 9-for-17 (52.9%) and connecting on zero interceptions.
- Kobe Pace has taken seven attempts for a team-high 39 rushing yards (39 per game).
- Perris Jones has 39 rushing yards on seven carries, and one touchdown.
- Malachi Fields has grabbed four passes for a team-high 63 yards. He averages 63 receiving yards per game.
- Malik Washington has been targeted seven times and tacked on 29 yards (on four catches).
- Suderian Harrison has caught one pass for 11 yards, averaging 11 yards per game.
- Olasunkonmi Agunloye has one sack to lead the team, and has also collected one TFL.
- Stevie Bracey’s nine tackles mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
James Madison Statistical Leaders
- Jordan McCloud has passed for 144 yards (7-of-11), with two touchdowns and zero interceptions (144 yards per game).
- Kaelon Black has picked up a team-high 125 rushing yards (125 per game).
- So far this year Latrele Palmer has run for 45 yards on 10 carries (45 yards per game), with one touchdown.
- This season Reggie Brown has three receptions for a team-high 77 yards (77 per game) and one touchdown.
- Elijah Sarratt has also added two catches for 29 yards this year. He has been targeted three times, and averages 29 receiving yards.
- Maxwell Moss has 23 receiving yards on two receptions (two targets), with one touchdown.
- Mikail Kamara has registered a team-leading one sack, while adding one TFL.
- James Carpenter has collected 0.5 sacks this season, leading his team in tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!