NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Norfolk, Virginia
- Venue: Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium
|Wake Forest||-14.5 (-104)||O 61.5 (-116)||-588|
|Old Dominion||+14.5 (-117)||U 61.5 (-109)||+412|
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-0) are considered favorites (-14.5) according to the point spread ahead of their game against the Old Dominion Monarchs (1-1) on September 16, 2023, starting at 12:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN2. The over/under for this one is set at 61.5 points.
The Demon Deacons head into the matchup after winning 36-20 over the Vanderbilt Commodores in their last game on September 9. The Monarchs’ last game was a 38-31 win over the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Wake Forest vs. Old Dominion Key Stats
- Wake Forest has averaged three more points scored this season (36.5) than Old Dominion has allowed (33.5).
- When it exceeds what Old Dominion gives up this season (33.5 points per game), Wake Forest is 2-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- When Old Dominion limits opposing offenses to less than 36.5 points, it is 1-1 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- This season Old Dominion racks up nine more points per game (27.5) than Wake Forest allows (18.5).
- When Wake Forest surrenders fewer than 27.5 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
Here are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Wake Forest||Old Dominion|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||455.5 (47)||343.5 (99)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||337 (63)||413 (99)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||193 (41)||173 (56)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||262.5 (50)||170.5 (113)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||3 (72)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (12)||0 (121)|
Wake Forest vs. Old Dominion Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Wake Forest averages 36.5 points per game against Old Dominion’s 27.5, totaling 2.5 points over the game’s over/under of 61.5.
- The 52 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 9.5 fewer than the 61.5 total in this contest.
- Wake Forest has covered in its only game with a spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Wake Forest Statistical Leaders
- Mitch Griffis has posted 525 passing yards (262.5 YPG) with a 64.3% completion percentage (36-for-56) while registering five touchdowns and one interception.
- Demond Claiborne has racked up a team-high 235 yards (117.5 per game) and tallied one touchdown.
- Tate Carney has rushed for 117 yards (58.5 per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Jahmal Banks has 10 catches (13 targets) and paces his team with 142 receiving yards (71 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Wesley Grimes has been targeted nine times and chipped in with 116 yards (on six catches) plus one touchdown.
- Ke’Shawn Williams is averaging 52.5 yards per game, racking up seven receptions (13 targets) for 105 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Jacob Roberts leads the team with two sacks and has added two TFL and eight tackles.
- Malik Mustapha’s nine tackles, two TFL, and one interception make him the team’s tackle leader.
- DaShawn Jones has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on four tackles and two passes defended in two games this season.
Old Dominion Statistical Leaders
- Grant Wilson has thrown for 341 yards while completing 59.1% of his passes, with six touchdowns and one interception (170.5 yards per game). He also has 24 carries for 85 yards and one touchdown.
- Keshawn Wicks has rushed for a team-high 176 yards on 31 attempts (88 yards per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Reymello Murphy has been targeted five times and has three catches, leading his team with 102 yards (51 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Isiah Paige has chipped in with 51 yards on five catches. He has been targeted seven times and averages 25.5 receiving yards.
- Kelby Williams has caught three passes on seven targets for 50 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Jason Henderson has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, racking up zero sacks, one TFL and 28 tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!