NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 5:00 PM ET
- Channel: Peacock
- City: East Lansing, Michigan
- Venue: Spartan Stadium
|Washington||-16.5 (-109)||O 55.5 (-111)||-833|
|Michigan State||+16.5 (-111)||U 55.5 (-114)||+536|
The No. 8 Washington Huskies (2-0) are considered favorites (-16.5) according to the point spread ahead of their game against the Michigan State Spartans (2-0) on September 16, 2023, starting at 5:00 PM ET, airing on Peacock. The expected point total for the matchup is 55.5.
The Huskies knocked off the Tulsa Golden Hurricane 43-10 in their most recent outing. Last time out, the Spartans won 45-14 over the Richmond Spiders.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Washington vs. Michigan State Key Stats
- Washington, on average, scores 39.0 more points (49.5) than Michigan State allows (10.5).
- Washington is 2-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it scores more than 10.5 points.
- This season Michigan State averages 23.5 more points per game (38.0) than Washington gives up (14.5).
- Michigan State is against the spread and overall when the team scores more than 14.5 points.
- When Washington gives up less than 38.0 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||565.5 (11)||435.5 (58)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||360.0 (75)||206.0 (5)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||93.5 (113)||144.5 (78)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||472.0 (1)||291.0 (36)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||2 (37)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (44)||2 (71)|
Washington vs. Michigan State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Washington and Michigan State combined to average 8.6 more points per game a season ago than the total of 55.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 53.2 points per game last season, 2.3 fewer than the point total for this game.
- Washington went 8-5-0 ATS last season.
- Michigan State put together a 5-6-1 record against the spread last season.
- Washington covered the spread three times last season (3-0 ATS) when playing as at least 16.5-point favorites.
- Michigan State covered the spread once last year (1-1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 16.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Washington Statistical Leaders
- Michael Penix Jr. has posted 859 passing yards (429.5 YPG) with a 73.1% completion percentage (57-for-78) while registering eight touchdowns and one interception.
- Will Nixon has taken 12 attempts for a team-leading 78 rushing yards (39.0 YPG).
- Ja’Lynn Polk has put up 27 rushing yards on one attempts (13.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground. He also has eight catches for 182 yards and one touchdown.
- Rome Odunze has hauled in 14 receptions for 239 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 18 times, and averages 119.5 receiving yards per game.
- Jalen McMillan has contributed with 16 catches for 215 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 20 times and averages 107.5 receiving yards per game.
- Voi Tunuufi has 1.0 sack to lead the team, and has also collected 1.0 TFL.
- Edefuan Ulofoshio’s 14 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack make him the team’s tackle leader.
- This season Kamren Fabiculanan leads the team with two interceptions and has added three tackles and two passes defended.
Michigan State Statistical Leaders
- This campaign, Noah Kim has collected 571 passing yards (285.5 per game) while completing 36 of 53 passes (67.9%), with five touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has added 21 rushing yards on nine carries, averaging 10.5 yards per game.
- Nathan Carter has 37 attempts for a team-high 224 rushing yards (112.0 per game) and four touchdowns. He also has three catches for 35 receiving yards .
- Jalen Berger has run for 31 yards on 10 carries (15.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- This season Jaron Glover has five receptions and leads the team with 135 yards (67.5 per game).
- Tre Mosley has contributed with 123 yards on eight catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 11 times and averages 61.5 receiving yards.
- Christian Fitzpatrick is averaging 51.5 receiving yards per game, racking up five receptions (seven targets) for 103 yards.
- Aaron Brule has notched a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Cal Haladay’s 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception make him the team leader for tackles and interceptions.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!