NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ABC
- City: Morgantown, West Virginia
- Venue: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium
|West Virginia||-1.5 (-108)||O 47.5 (-119)||-121|
|Pittsburgh||+1.5 (-112)||U 47.5 (-106)||+100|
The 2023 edition of the Backyard Brawl on Saturday, September 16 features the West Virginia Mountaineers (1-1) hosting the Pittsburgh Panthers (1-1) at Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium. The Mountaineers are favored by only 1.5 points. An over/under of 47.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Mountaineers enter the matchup after winning 56-17 over the Duquesne Dukes in their last game on September 9. The Panthers are coming off of a loss to the Cincinnati Bearcats by the score of 27-21.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Key Stats
- West Virginia has put an average of 35.5 points per game on the board this season, 18.5 more than the 17 Pittsburgh has surrendered.
- When the Panthers defense allows less than 35.5 points, Pittsburgh has accumulated a 1-1 overall record and a 0-1 record against the spread.
- This season Pittsburgh racks up 5.5 more points per game (33) than West Virginia gives up (27.5).
Below are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||463.5 (41)||376.5 (86)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||356 (71)||248.5 (17)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||225 (19)||150 (75)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||238.5 (65)||226.5 (78)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||1 (10)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (71)||2 (71)|
West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 68.5 points per game, 21.0 points more than the total of 47.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 44.5 points per game, 3.0 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- West Virginia has put together a 0-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- Pittsburgh has compiled a 0-1-0 record against the spread this year.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
West Virginia Statistical Leaders
- Garrett Greene has passed for 402 yards (26-for-45), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions (201 yards per game). He’s also run the football 20 times for 104 yards and one touchdown.
- CJ Donaldson has picked up a team-leading 137 rushing yards (68.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Jahiem White has rushed for 110 yards (55 per game), with one touchdown.
- Hudson Clement has five catches (seven targets) and paces his team with 177 receiving yards (88.5 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has added six catches for 90 yards. He has been targeted eight times and puts up 45 receiving yards per game.
- Kole Taylor has racked up 86 yards on five receptions, averaging 43 yards per game.
- Tomiwa Durojaiye has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up two TFL and three tackles.
- Lee Kpogba has collected 12 tackles and one TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- This season Avery Wilcox leads the team with one interception and has added one pass defended.
Pittsburgh Statistical Leaders
- Phil Jurkovec has passed for 393 yards (27-of-55), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions (196.5 yards per game). He’s also rushed 17 times for 41 yards and one touchdown.
- Daniel Carter has churned out a team-best 90 rushing yards (45 per game) and one touchdown.
- C’Bo Flemister has rushed for 65 yards on 15 carries (32.5 yards per game). He also has two catches for 35 yards.
- Gavin Bartholomew has five catches (seven targets) and paces his team with 118 receiving yards (59 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Konata Mumpfield has added seven catches for 87 yards and two touchdowns this year. He has been targeted nine times, and puts up 43.5 receiving yards.
- Daejon Reynolds is averaging 26 yards per game, with four catches for 52 yards.
- This season Dayon Hayes leads the team with two sacks and has added two TFL and seven tackles.
- Bangally Kamara has racked up 11 tackles, two TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Marquis Williams has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding three tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!