NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV: ESPN+
- Where: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Bartow Arena
- Line: Alcorn State -2.5
- Point Total: 142.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Alcorn State -136, Texas Southern +112
The No. 1 seed Alcorn State Braves (18-12, 15-3 SWAC) will head into the SWAC Tournament against the No. 8 seed Texas Southern Tigers (11-20, 7-11 SWAC) on Wednesday at Bartow Arena, beginning at 9:30 PM.
Alcorn State vs. Texas Southern Key Stats
- Alcorn State has played one game with more than 142.5 points scored, its current matchup’s point total, this year.
- The Tigers have had only one game this year that went over 142.5 total points scored.
- The two teams average a combined 4.5 fewer points per game (138) than this game’s total of 142.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 143.5 points per game, 1.0 more than the over/under for this game.
- The average total the Braves have had set in games this season is 3.4 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Texas Southern’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 142.4 points, 0.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Alcorn State vs. Texas Southern Betting The Spread & Over/Under
- Alcorn State has been the favorite in four games this season and won two (50%) of those contests.
- Alcorn State has registered a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- Alcorn State is winless against the spread when they are 2.5-point favorites or more (0-2).
- This season, Alcorn State’s games have yet to hit the over once out of three chances.
- Texas Southern was defeated in the one game it played as the underdog this season.
- Texas Southern has covered the spread three times in three games with a set spread.
- Texas Southern is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Texas Southern have hit the over twice this season.
- Spread Prediction:
Alcorn State (-2.5)
- Over/Under Prediction:
Alcorn State Key Players
- Byron Joshua is tops on his squad in assists per contest (4.1), and also averages 10.9 points and 3.7 rebounds. At the other end, he averages 1.6 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Jeremiah Kendall posts a team-best 6.9 rebounds per contest. In addition, he’s averaging 11.2 points and 0.5 assists, shooting 49.2% from the field.
- Dominic Brewton paces the Braves at 12 points per game, while also averaging 1.8 assists and 3.8 rebounds.
- Dekedran Thorn averages 8.9 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assists per contest, shooting 40.4% from the field and 33.6% from beyond the arc with 1.6 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Keondre Montgomery is averaging 10.8 points, 0.7 assists and 4.5 rebounds per contest.
Texas Southern Key Players
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is the Tigers’ top rebounder (9.2 per game), and he posts 11.2 points and 1.5 assists.
- John Walker III gives the Tigers 12.8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game. He also puts up 0.5 steals and 1 block.
- Davon Barnes is the Tigers’ top scorer (13.2 points per game), and he puts up 2 assists and 4.1 rebounds.
- Zytarious Mortle is averaging 8.3 points, 3.5 rebounds and 0.9 assists per contest, making 45.9% of his shots from the floor.
- PJ Henry is No. 1 on the Tigers in assists (2.1 per game), and produces 12.1 points and 1.8 rebounds. He also averages 1.3 steals and 0 blocked shots.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!