NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Time: 12:30 PM ET
- TV: FOX
- Where: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Venue: Mackey Arena
- Line: Purdue -7.5
- Point Total: 139.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Purdue -357, Illinois +272
The Illinois Fighting Illini (20-10, 11-8 Big Ten) will hope to end a four-game road skid when squaring off against the Purdue Boilermakers (25-5, 14-5 Big Ten) on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at Mackey Arena, airing at 12:30 PM ET on FOX.
Purdue vs. Illinois Key Stats
- Purdue and its opponent have combined to score over 139.5 points, the current matchup’s total, in two games this season.
- Three of the Fighting Illini’s eight games this season have gone over 139.5 total points scored.
- The two teams average a combined 8.3 more points per game (147.8) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 11.0 fewer points per game (128.5) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- The average over/under the Boilermakers have had set in games this season is 4.2 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for Illinois this season is 1.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Purdue vs. Illinois Betting The Spread & Over/Under
- Purdue has entered the game as favorites eight times this season and won seven of those games.
- Purdue has covered the spread five times over eight games with a set spread.
- In games it was favored in by 7.5 points or more so far this season, Purdue has gone 4-2 against the spread.
- Purdue’s games have gone over the total four times this season.
- Illinois was defeated in both of the games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Illinois is 6-2-0 against the spread this season.
- This year, four of Illinois’ games have gone over the point total.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction:
Purdue Key Players
- Zach Edey paces the Boilermakers with 22.1 points per game (sixth in the country) and 13.1 rebounds (first in the country), while also averaging 1.5 assists.
- Braden Smith is tops on his squad in assists per contest (4.2), and also puts up 9.8 points and 4.4 rebounds. At the other end, he posts 1.2 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.
- Fletcher Loyer is averaging 11.9 points, 2.5 assists and 1.7 rebounds per contest.
- Caleb Furst averages 6 points, 4.9 rebounds and 0.8 assists per contest. Defensively, he averages 0.4 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.
- Ethan Morton puts up 4.1 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per contest, shooting 33.3% from the floor.
Illinois Key Players
- Matthew Mayer gives the Fighting Illini 12.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. He also posts 0.8 steals and 1.3 blocked shots.
- Coleman Hawkins tops the Fighting Illini in rebounding (6.5 per game) and assists (2.9), and produces 9.8 points. He also averages 1 steal and 1.1 blocked shots.
- Dain Dainja gets the Fighting Illini 9.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 0.5 assists per contest. He also delivers 0.8 steals and 1.2 blocked shots.
- Jayden Epps gets the Fighting Illini 10 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game. He also puts up 0.7 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!