NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Time: 12:30 PM ET
- TV: ESPN+
- Where: Pensacola, Florida
- Venue: Pensacola Bay Center
- Line: Southern Miss -1.5
- Point Total: 139.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Southern Miss -123, South Alabama +101
The No. 1 seed Southern Miss Golden Eagles (25-6, 14-4 Sun Belt) and the No. 8 seed South Alabama Jaguars (17-15, 9-9 Sun Belt) will try to move on in the Sun Belt tournament on Saturday as they meet at 12:30 PM.
Southern Miss vs. South Alabama Key Stats
- Out of seven games so far this season, Southern Miss has played two with over 139.5 points scored, its current matchup’s total.
- Three of the Jaguars’ seven games this season have had more than 139.5 total points scored.
- The two teams average a combined 6.0 more points per game (145.5) than this game’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 130.1 points per game, 9.4 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The average total the Golden Eagles have had in their games this season is 0.2 more points than this particular game’s point total.
- The average point total for South Alabama this season is 3.6 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern Miss vs. South Alabama Betting The Spread & Over/Under
- Southern Miss has been the favorite in five games this season and won four (80%) of those contests.
- Southern Miss has covered the spread six times this season (6-1-0).
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, Southern Miss has gone 4-1 against the spread.
- This season, Southern Miss’ games have hit the over four times.
- South Alabama has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- South Alabama is 4-3-0 against the spread this year.
- South Alabama is 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- South Alabama’s games have gone over the total four times this year.
- Spread Prediction:
Southern Miss (-1.5)
- Over/Under Prediction:
Southern Miss Key Players
- Austin Crowley paces his squad in points per contest (16.2), and also posts 4.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists. Defensively, he puts up 2 steals and 0.5 blocked shots.
- Felipe Haase posts 15.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3 assists per contest. Defensively, he posts 0.8 steals and 0.6 blocked shots.
- DeAndre Pinckney averages a team-high 6.7 rebounds per game. He is also putting up 13.2 points and 1.3 assists, shooting 48.2% from the floor and 34.5% from beyond the arc with 1.2 made 3-pointers per game.
- Mo Arnold puts up a team-high 3.1 assists per game. He is also posting 4.6 points and 2.9 rebounds, shooting 34.8% from the field.
- Denijay Harris is putting up 8.6 points, 0.6 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game.
South Alabama Key Players
- Kevin Samuel tops the Jaguars in rebounding (9.1 per game), and posts 10.3 points and 0.5 assists. He also posts 1 steal and 2.6 blocked shots (seventh in the country).
- Tyrell Jones is putting up 9.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game, making 40.8% of his shots from the floor and 31.7% from beyond the arc, with 1 treys per game.
- The Jaguars receive 8.7 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1 assists per game from Owen White.
- The Jaguars receive 9.1 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game from Greg Parham.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!