NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Where: New York City, New York
- Venue: Madison Square Garden
- Line: St. John’s (NY) -6.5
- Point Total: 144.5
- Moneyline (To Win): St. John’s (NY) -256, Butler +203
|St. John’s (NY)||-6.5||144.5|
Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $10 on St. John’s (NY) vs Butler, or any game, and get $50 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The No. 8 seed St. John’s (NY) Red Storm (17-14, 7-13 Big East) will meet the No. 9 seed Butler Bulldogs (14-17, 6-14 Big East) in the Big East Tournament Wednesday at Madison Square Garden, starting at 3:00 PM.
St. John’s (NY) vs. Butler Key Stats
- Out of nine games so far this season, St. John’s (NY) has played seven with more than 144.5 points scored, its current matchup’s point total.
- The Bulldogs have not played a game that went over 144.5 total points scored this year.
- The two teams average a combined 1.6 fewer points per game (142.9) than this game’s over/under of 144.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 143.4 points per game, 1.1 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Red Storm have had set in games this season is 8.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Butler’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 133 points, 11.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
St. John’s (NY) vs. Butler Betting The Spread & Over/Under
- This season, St. John’s (NY) has won two out of the four games in which it has been favored.
- St. John’s (NY) has covered the spread three times this season (3-6-0).
- St. John’s (NY) has yet to cover a spread (0-1) when it is at least 6.5-point favorites.
- St. John’s (NY)’s games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season.
- Butler has been underdogs in seven games this season, however, it has failed to come away with a win in any of those games.
- Butler has covered the spread three times over nine games with a set spread.
- Butler is 2-4 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Butler’s games have hit the over twice.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction:
St. John’s (NY) Key Players
- Joel Soriano paces the Red Storm with 15.2 points per contest and 11.8 rebounds (fifth in the country), while also posting 1.2 assists.
- David Jones puts up 13.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest. Defensively, he delivers 1.3 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.
- Posh Alexander averages a team-leading 4.4 assists per contest. He is also posting 10.3 points and 3.9 rebounds, shooting 40.4% from the floor.
- Dylan Addae-Wusu averages 9.1 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Defensively, he puts up 1.6 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Andre Curbelo posts 9.6 points, 2.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game. Defensively, he averages 2 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.
Butler Key Players
- Jayden Taylor is putting up a team-high 13.2 points per game. And he is contributing 3.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists, making 41.4% of his shots from the field and 32.6% from 3-point range, with 1.4 triples per game.
- Simas Lukosius is the Bulldogs’ top assist man (2.9 per game), and he posts 11.2 points and 4 rebounds.
- Manny Bates paces the Bulldogs in rebounding (5.5 per game), and averages 11.6 points and 1.4 assists. He also averages 0.6 steals and 1.9 blocked shots.
- The Bulldogs receive 8.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game from Eric Hunter Jr..
- Chuck Harris is posting 10.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game, making 40.9% of his shots from the floor and 34.7% from 3-point range, with 1.3 treys per contest.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!