NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Akron, Ohio
- Venue: InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field
|Akron||-4.5 (-108)||O 37.5 (-135)||-196|
|Kent State||+4.5 (-112)||U 37.5 (+106)||+158|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Akron Zips (1-7) will play the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-7). The Zips are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5). The expected point total for the matchup is 37.5.
The Zips faced the Bowling Green Falcons in their last game, falling 41-14. The Golden Flashes’ last game was a 24-6 loss to the Buffalo Bulls.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Akron vs. Kent State Key Stats
- Akron’s average points scored this season, 15.4, is 17.6 fewer than the 33.0 Kent State is giving up.
- Kent State scores 16.9 fewer points per game (12.5) than Akron allows (29.4).
Here are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||279.0 (130)||259.9 (132)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||342.0 (42)||375.5 (64)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||91.6 (125)||117.4 (107)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||187.4 (111)||142.5 (127)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||18 (126)||8 (25)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (78)||7 (113)|
Akron vs. Kent State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 27.9 points per game, 9.6 points fewer than the total of 37.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s total is 24.9 fewer points than the 62.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- Akron is 3-1-0 ATS this season.
- Kent State has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Kent State has been an underdog by 4.5 points or more five times this year, and covered the spread in two of those games.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Akron Statistical Leaders
- DJ Iron has passed for 718 yards (88-for-133), with three touchdowns and three interceptions (89.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 61 times for 215 yards and two scores, averaging 26.9 YPG.
- Lorenzo Lingard has taken 78 carries for a team-leading 388 rushing yards (48.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns. He’s also caught 21 passes for 218 yards with one touchdown through the air.
- Daniel George has 31 catches (57 targets) and paces his team with 298 receiving yards (37.3 ypg).
- Jasaiah Gathings has also contributed with 26 receptions (on 44 targets) for 272 yards.
- This season CJ Nunnally leads the team with 5.0 sacks and has added 9.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Bryan McCoy has collected 42 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Kerry Martin Jr. has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended in eight games this season.
Kent State Statistical Leaders
- Michael Alaimo has passed for 932 yards (79-of-144), with two touchdowns and four interceptions (116.5 yards per game).
- Gavin Garcia has churned out a team-high 374 rushing yards (46.8 per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Jaylen Thomas has 305 yards on 80 carries (38.1 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Chrishon McCray has 35 catches (66 targets) and paces his team with 449 receiving yards (56.1 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Trell Harris has chipped in with 15 receptions (on 28 targets) for 257 yards and one touchdown.
- Luke Floriea has 152 receiving yards on 14 receptions (30 targets), with two touchdowns.
- CJ West has notched a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Devin Nicholson has totaled 53 tackles and 4.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Stephen Daley has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding 24 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!