NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Boone, North Carolina
- Venue: Kidd Brewer Stadium
|Appalachian State||-5.5 (-116)||O 63.5 (-109)||-217|
|Coastal Carolina||+5.5 (-105)||U 63.5 (-116)||+174|
The Appalachian State Mountaineers (3-2) carry the 20th-ranked passing defense in the country into a contest versus the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (2-3), featuring the No. 24 passing offense, on Tuesday, October 10, 2023. The Mountaineers are 5.5-point favorites. The game has an over/under of 63.5 points.
The Mountaineers took on the UL Monroe Warhawks in their last game, winning 41-40. The Chanticleers’ most recent outing ended in a 38-28 loss to the Georgia Southern Eagles.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Appalachian State vs. Coastal Carolina Key Stats
- Appalachian State has scored 36.4 points per game this season, 12.8 more than Coastal Carolina has given up.
- Appalachian State is 3-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it scores more than 23.6 points.
- Coastal Carolina is 2-2 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 36.4 points.
- Coastal Carolina scores per game (30.8) than Appalachian State allows (30.8).
- When Appalachian State gives up fewer than 30.8 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
Below are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Appalachian State||Coastal Carolina|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||461.2 (59)||425.2 (77)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||361.2 (38)||393.6 (51)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||202.2 (20)||140.2 (90)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||259.0 (43)||285.0 (24)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (82)||8 (65)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||9 (37)||9 (37)|
Appalachian State vs. Coastal Carolina Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 63.5 is 3.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Appalachian State (36.4 points per game) and Coastal Carolina (30.8 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 54.4 points per game, 9.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Appalachian State has covered once in four chances against the spread this season.
- Coastal Carolina has covered twice in four matchups with a spread this season.
- Appalachian State has not covered the spread when favored by 5.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Appalachian State Statistical Leaders
- This year Joey Aguilar has put up 1,225 yards through the air (245.0 YPG) while completing 60.4% of his passes, with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 132 yards on the ground on 28 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 26.4 YPG.
- Nate Noel has run for a team-high 638 yards (127.6 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Kaedin Robinson has hauled in 23 passes for a team best 317 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 63.4 receiving yards per game.
- Christan Horn has also added 15 catches for 218 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 24 times and averages 43.6 receiving yards per game.
- DaShaun Davis has caught 14 passes for 191 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 38.2 yards per game.
- Nate Johnson has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Nicholas Ross has totaled 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Tyrek Funderburk leads the team with two interceptions and has added 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
Coastal Carolina Statistical Leaders
- This season, Grayson McCall has racked up 1,302 passing yards (260.4 per game) while completing 108 of 168 passes (64.3%), with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
- Braydon Bennett has taken 49 carries for a team-leading 245 rushing yards (49.0 per game) while scoring three touchdowns. He’s also caught nine passes for 82 yards (16.4 receiving yards per game).
- Jared Brown has put up 95 rushing yards on five carries (19.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground. He also has 28 catches for 314 yards and one touchdown.
- Sam Pinckney has 28 catches (46 targets) and paces his team with 443 receiving yards (88.6 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Kyre Duplessis has totaled 112 yards on five receptions with one touchdown, averaging 22.4 yards per game.
- Allen Henry has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 1.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Juan Powell has racked up 20 tackles and 1.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Clayton Isbell leads the team with three interceptions this season and has added 16 tackles and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!