NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Channel: NFL Network
- City: Boone, North Carolina
- Venue: Kidd Brewer Stadium
|Appalachian State||-4.5 (-108)||O 57.5 (+109)||-188|
|Marshall||+4.5 (-112)||U 57.5 (-138)||+152|
The Appalachian State Mountaineers (4-4) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5) — against the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-4) in a battle of two conference rivals. The game has an over/under of 57.5 points.
The Mountaineers head into this matchup after a 48-38 win over the Southern Miss Golden Eagles in their last game. The Thundering Herd’s last outing ended in a 34-6 loss to the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Appalachian State vs. Marshall Key Stats
- Appalachian State has averaged 6.3 more points scored this season (34.4) than Marshall has allowed (28.1).
- When it goes over what Marshall gives up this season (28.1 points per game), Appalachian State is 4-1 and 1-1 against the spread.
- Marshall is 3-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it allows fewer than 34.4 points.
- Marshall scores 24.6 points per game, 6.3 fewer than Appalachian State allows (30.9).
- Marshall is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team records more than 30.9 points.
- This year Appalachian State is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it holds opponents to less than 24.6 points.
Here are some more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||459.0 (20)||372.1 (84)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||421.5 (110)||381.8 (71)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||178.6 (40)||126.6 (102)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||280.4 (29)||245.5 (55)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||12 (79)||18 (126)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (78)||11 (69)|
Appalachian State vs. Marshall Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 59 points per game, 1.5 points more than the point total of 57.5 for this game.
- This matchup’s over/under is 1.5 fewer points than the 59 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- Appalachian State has covered just once in six chances against the spread this season.
- Marshall has covered twice in seven matchups with a spread this year.
- Appalachian State has been favored by 4.5 points or more this season three times and failed to cover in all three.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Appalachian State Statistical Leaders
- Joey Aguilar has 2,173 yards through the air (271.6 per game) and a 62.5% completion percentage (162-for-259), tossing 20 touchdown passes and six interceptions. He also has 199 rushing yards on 48 attempts (with two touchdowns).
- Nate Noel has rushed for a team-high 647 yards (80.9 per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Kanye Roberts has run for 384 yards (48.0 per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Kaedin Robinson has 33 catches (on 44 targets) and leads the team with 457 receiving yards (57.1 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Christan Horn has also added 27 catches for 456 yards and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 42 times and puts up 57.0 receiving yards per game.
- DaShaun Davis is averaging 37.3 yards per game, with 21 catches for 298 yards and three touchdowns.
- Nate Johnson has 5.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 5.0 TFL and 29 tackles.
- Andrew Parker has collected 64 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Tyrek Funderburk has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 26 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended in eight games this season.
Marshall Statistical Leaders
- Cam Fancher has passed for 1,804 yards (172-of-262), with seven touchdowns and eight interceptions (225.5 yards per game). He’s also rushed 92 times for 138 yards and two touchdowns.
- Rasheen Ali has racked up a team-high 693 rushing yards (86.6 per game) and scored 11 touchdowns. He has tacked on 17 catches for 148 yards with one receiving touchdown.
- Ethan Payne has rushed for 183 yards on 46 carries (22.9 yards per game).
- Caleb Coombs has reeled in 28 passes for a team-high 260 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 38 times, and averages 32.5 yards per game.
- Darryle Simmons’ stat line this year reveals 23 catches for 239 yards. He puts up 29.9 receiving yards per game.
- DeMarcus Harris is averaging 26.9 receiving yards per game, racking up 17 receptions (23 targets) for 215 yards and one touchdown.
- Sam Burton has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Eli Neal has racked up 46 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Micah Abraham has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 15 tackles and three passes defended in eight games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!