NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: SEC Network
- City: Auburn, Alabama
- Venue: Jordan-Hare Stadium
|Auburn||-5.5 (-116)||O 45.5 (+124)||-227|
|Mississippi State||+5.5 (-105)||U 45.5 (-158)||+181|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Auburn Tigers (3-4) will meet the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-3). The Tigers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). An over/under of 45.5 points has been established for the matchup.
In their last game, the Tigers fell to the Ole Miss Rebels 28-21. The Bulldogs’ most recent outing finished in a 7-3 win over the Arkansas Razorbacks.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Key Stats
- Auburn has put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game this season (26.7) as Mississippi State has allowed (25.7).
- Auburn is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it scores more than 25.7 points.
- Mississippi State is 3-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 26.7 points.
- Mississippi State puts up 3.0 more points per game (26.9) than Auburn surrenders (23.9).
- Mississippi State is 0-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it puts up more than 23.9 points.
- When Auburn surrenders fewer than 26.9 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
Here are some more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||337.0 (111)||351.1 (103)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||372.4 (61)||367.3 (55)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||186.0 (30)||148.1 (76)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||151.0 (124)||203.0 (98)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (65)||8 (38)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||13 (20)||10 (61)|
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 53.6 points per game, 8.1 points more than the point total of 45.5 for this contest.
- This game’s total is 4.1 fewer points than the 49.6 these two teams combine to allow per game.
- Auburn has a record of just 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Mississippi State has won just one game against the spread this year.
- Auburn has been favored by 5.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Mississippi State has been an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season three times and failed to cover in all three.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Auburn Statistical Leaders
- Payton Thorne has thrown for 845 yards (80-for-130), with five touchdowns and five interceptions (120.7 YPG). He’s also run the ball 61 times for 259 yards and two scores, averaging 37.0 yards per game.
- Jarquez Hunter has rushed for a team-leading 309 yards (44.1 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jay Fair has reeled in 22 passes for a team-high 241 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 34.4 receiving yards per game.
- Rivaldo Fairweather has also tacked on 21 receptions (on 28 targets) for 184 yards, scoring two touchdowns.
- Shane Hooks is averaging 15.1 yards per game, racking up eight receptions (19 targets) for 106 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Marcus Harris leads the team with 4.0 sacks and has added 5.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Eugene Asante has collected 44 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Jaylin Simpson has intercepted four passes to lead the team while adding 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Mississippi State Statistical Leaders
- Will Rogers has 1,275 passing yards (182.1 per game) with a 61.4% completion percentage (105-for-171), throwing for 10 touchdowns with four interceptions.
- Jo’Quavious Marks has racked up a team-best 500 rushing yards (71.4 per game) and four touchdowns. He has added 18 receptions for 138 yards and one TD.
- Michael Wright has run for 198 yards on 31 carries (28.3 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- This year Lideatrick Griffin has 32 receptions and leads the team with 494 yards (70.6 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Justin Robinson has hauled in 14 catches for 184 yards (26.3 per game).
- Zavion Thomas has totaled 154 yards on 12 receptions, averaging 22.0 yards per game.
- This season Nathaniel Watson leads the team with 7.5 sacks and has added 6.0 TFL, 54 tackles, and one interception.
- Jett Johnson’s 60 tackles, 6.0 TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions make him the team’s tackle leader.
- Shawn Preston Jr. has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 22 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!