NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Muncie, Indiana
- Venue: Scheumann Stadium
|Ball State||– ()||O 40.5 (-111)||+158|
|Central Michigan||+ ()||U 40.5 (-114)||-196|
The Ball State Cardinals (1-6) are considered favorites (-) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Central Michigan Chippewas (4-3) on October 21, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 40.5 points.
In their most recent outing, the Cardinals lost 13-6 to the Toledo Rockets. The Chippewas are coming off of a 17-10 win over the Akron Zips.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ball State vs. Central Michigan Key Stats
- Ball State has averaged 15.6 fewer points per game (15.0) than Central Michigan has allowed (30.6).
- Central Michigan scores 22.7 points per game, 8.0 fewer than Ball State surrenders (30.7).
- When Central Michigan records more than 30.7 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- When Ball State gives up fewer than 22.7 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
Here are a few more important stats from this season:
|Ball State||Central Michigan|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||288.0 (116)||334.4 (89)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||374.9 (92)||402.3 (114)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||119.6 (107)||142.1 (83)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||168.4 (118)||192.3 (108)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||12 (102)||10 (74)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (108)||4 (125)|
Ball State vs. Central Michigan Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 37.7 points per game, 2.8 points fewer than the total of 40.5 for this game.
- This game’s total is 20.8 fewer points than the 61.3 these two teams combine to allow per game.
- Ball State has won just one game against the spread this season.
- Central Michigan has a record of just 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ball State Statistical Leaders
- Layne Hatcher has passed for 566 yards (62-for-95), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions (80.9 YPG).
- Marquez Cooper has churned out a team-leading 422 rushing yards (60.3 per game) plus one touchdown. He has augmented his performance with 13 catches for 129 yards .
- Kiael Kelly has rushed for 279 yards (39.9 per game).
- Qian Magwood has 27 receptions for a team-high 260 yards (37.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tanner Koziol has also tacked on 217 yards, on 27 catches plus two touchdowns. He puts up 31.0 receiving yards per game.
- Ahmad Edwards has 212 receiving yards on 16 receptions (26 targets), with one touchdown, averaging 30.3 yards per game.
- This season Sidney Houston Jr. leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Cole Pearce has collected 36 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three sacks, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Tyler Potts has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on nine tackles and two passes defended in seven games this season.
Central Michigan Statistical Leaders
- This season Jase Bauer has put up 1,060 passing yards (151.4 per game) while going 96-for-166 (57.8%) and throwing for four touchdowns with six interceptions. He has tacked on 200 rushing yards on 60 carries with seven touchdowns.
- Myles Bailey has run for a team-high 358 yards on 86 attempts (51.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jesse Prewitt III has 24 catches (30 targets) and paces his team with 356 receiving yards (50.9 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Chris Parker has chipped in with 16 catches for 265 yards and two touchdowns this year. He has been targeted 31 times, and puts up 37.9 receiving yards.
- Tyson Davis has totaled 186 yards on 14 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 26.6 yards per game.
- Jacques Bristol has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Kyle Moretti’s 31 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Elijah Rikard has a team-high one interception and has tacked on eight tackles and one pass defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!