NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Muncie, Indiana
- Venue: Scheumann Stadium
|Ball State||– ()||O 48.5 (-112)||+654|
|Toledo||+ ()||U 48.5 (-113)||-1111|
The Ball State Cardinals (1-5) are favored by points against the Toledo Rockets (5-1) on October 14, 2023, starting at 2:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The game has an over/under of 48.5 points.
The Cardinals enter the matchup after losing 24-10 to the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last game on October 7. The Rockets are coming off of a victory over the UMass Minutemen by the score of 41-24.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ball State vs. Toledo Key Stats
- Toledo has allowed its opponents to score 23 points per game, 6.5 more than the 16.5 Ball State is scoring per contest.
- When it exceeds what Toledo gives up this season (23 points per game), Ball State is 1-1 and 0-1 against the spread.
- Toledo averages 7.1 more points per game (40.8) than Ball State gives up (33.7).
- Toledo is 0-2 against the spread and 4-0 overall when the team scores more than 33.7 points.
- This season Ball State is 0-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it holds opponents to less than 40.8 points.
Below are some more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||301.8 (114)||473.2 (14)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||374.7 (84)||359.3 (73)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||111.7 (113)||249.7 (3)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||190.2 (113)||223.5 (79)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||11 (116)||10 (91)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (109)||10 (26)|
Ball State vs. Toledo Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 48.5 is 8.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Ball State (16.5 points per game) and Toledo (40.8 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 56.7 points per game, 8.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Ball State has won one game against the spread this season.
- Toledo is winless against the spread this season (0-3-0).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ball State Statistical Leaders
- Layne Hatcher has 566 yards through the air (94.3 per game) and a 65.3% completion percentage (62-for-95), tossing four touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
- Marquez Cooper has rushed for a team-best 362 yards (60.3 per game) and one touchdown. He also has 129 receiving yards on 13 catches .
- So far this season Kiael Kelly has run for 181 yards (30.2 per game).
- Qian Magwood has been targeted 37 times and has 27 catches, leading his team with 260 yards (43.3 ypg) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Tanner Koziol has 26 catches for 217 yards (36.2 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Ahmad Edwards has caught 13 passes on 23 targets for 174 yards and one touchdown.
- Sidney Houston Jr. has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding three TFL and 27 tackles.
- Cole Pearce’s 30 tackles, four TFL, and three sacks mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Tyler Potts has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding nine tackles and two passes defended.
Toledo Statistical Leaders
- DeQuan Finn has 1,093 passing yards (182.2 per game), 12 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 413 rushing yards on 62 carries with four touchdowns.
- Peny Boone has picked up a team-best 644 rushing yards (107.3 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Junior Vandeross III has grabbed 21 passes for a team best 328 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 32 times, and averages 54.7 yards per game.
- Jerjuan Newton has contributed with 303 yards on 22 catches and nine touchdowns. He has been targeted 31 times and averages 50.5 receiving yards.
- Larry Stephens is averaging 22.8 yards per game, with 12 catches for 137 yards and two touchdowns.
- Judge Culpepper has five sacks to lead the team, and has also added four TFL and 15 tackles.
- Nate Bauer’s 32 tackles and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- In terms of picks, Emmanuel McNeil-Warren leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added 21 tackles and four passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!