NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Waco, Texas
- Venue: McLane Stadium
|Baylor||-3.5 (-125)||O 56.5 (-114)||-192|
|Houston||+3.5 (+102)||U 56.5 (-111)||+155|
In a battle of two conference rivals, the Baylor Bears (3-5) will face off against the Houston Cougars (3-5). The Bears are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The over/under for this one is set at 56.5 points.
The Bears head into the matchup after losing 30-18 to the Iowa State Cyclones in their last outing on October 28. The Cougars’ last game was a 41-0 loss to the Kansas State Wildcats.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Baylor vs. Houston Key Stats
- Baylor has averaged 10.0 fewer points per game (22.5) than Houston has allowed (32.5).
- When Houston limits opposing offenses to fewer than 22.5 points, it is 2-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- This season Houston puts up 4.7 fewer points per game (25.3) than Baylor surrenders (30.0).
- Houston is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it scores more than 30.0 points.
- When Baylor allows opponents to put up fewer than 25.3 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||388.5 (75)||382.9 (77)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||398.6 (89)||416.1 (104)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||109.5 (112)||116.5 (108)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||279.0 (30)||266.4 (41)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (47)||7 (14)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (54)||10 (78)|
Baylor vs. Houston Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 47.8 points per game, 8.7 points fewer than the over/under of 56.5 for this contest.
- The 62.5 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 6.0 more than the 56.5 total in this contest.
- Baylor is 3-3-0 ATS this season.
- Houston is 4-3-0 ATS this year.
- Baylor has been favored by 3.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Houston has covered the spread once when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Baylor Statistical Leaders
- Blake Shapen has put up 1,475 passing yards (184.4 per game) with a 60.8% completion percentage (113-for-186) while throwing six touchdowns and one interception.
- Dominic Richardson has 70 rushing attempts for a team-best 288 rushing yards (36.0 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Richard Reese has rushed for 240 yards (30.0 per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Monaray Baldwin has been targeted 52 times and has 30 catches, leading his team with 570 yards (71.3 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Ketron Jackson Jr.’s stat line this year reveals 24 catches for 392 yards. He puts up 49.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 50 times.
- Drake Dabney has collected 271 yards on 19 receptions with three touchdowns, averaging 33.9 yards per game.
- TJ Franklin has registered a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Matt Jones’ 52 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and two sacks mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Caden Jenkins has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 15 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
Houston Statistical Leaders
- Donovan Smith has 2,066 passing yards (258.3 per game) with a 64.7% completion percentage (189-for-292), throwing for 16 touchdowns with five interceptions. He also has 188 rushing yards on 78 carries and four touchdowns.
- Parker Jenkins has run for a team-high 321 yards on 68 attempts (40.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- Stacy Sneed has run for 236 yards on 44 carries (29.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Sam Brown has hauled in 44 catches for 678 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 84.8 receiving yards per game.
- Joseph Manjack IV has also tacked on 35 catches for 435 yards and four touchdowns this year. He has been targeted 47 times, and puts up 54.4 receiving yards.
- Matthew Golden has totaled 389 yards on 37 receptions with six touchdowns, averaging 48.6 yards per game.
- Nelson Ceaser has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 6.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Malik Robinson has racked up 55 tackles this season, leading his team in tackles.
- Isaiah Hamilton has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 25 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended in eight games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!