NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Waco, Texas
- Venue: McLane Stadium
|Baylor||– ()||O 56.5 (-117)||-112|
|Texas Tech||+ ()||U 56.5 (-107)||-108|
The Baylor Bears (2-3) are favored by points versus the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-3) on October 7, 2023, starting at 8:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN2. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 56.5.
The Bears head into this matchup following a 36-35 win over the UCF Knights in their last outing. Their last time out, the Red Raiders won 49-28 over the Houston Cougars.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Baylor vs. Texas Tech Key Stats
- Baylor’s average points scored this season (23.2) and Texas Tech’s points allowed (24.8) are within 1.6 points of each other.
- In games where Baylor scores more than 24.8 points, it is 2-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- When the Raiders defense allows less than 23.2 points, Texas Tech has put together a 1-1 overall record and a 0-1 record against the spread.
- Texas Tech puts up 33.2 points per game, 4.8 more than Baylor gives up (28.4).
- Texas Tech is 0-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall in games when it records more than 28.4 points.
- Baylor has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when it allows less than 33.2 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||413.0 (49)||404.8 (53)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||394.6 (91)||375.8 (80)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||142.4 (86)||177.4 (46)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||270.6 (40)||227.4 (74)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (66)||6 (49)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (53)||7 (53)|
Baylor vs. Texas Tech Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 56.4 points per game, 0.1 points fewer than the total of 56.5 for this matchup.
- The 53.2 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.3 fewer than the 56.5 total in this contest.
- Baylor has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas Tech is winless against the spread this year (0-3-0).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Baylor Statistical Leaders
- Sawyer Robertson has put up 647 passing yards (129.4 per game) with a 49.5% completion percentage (48-for-97) while tossing one touchdown and four interceptions.
- Richard Reese has taken 45 carries for a team-high 225 rushing yards (45.0 YPG) and two touchdowns.
- So far this year Dominic Richardson has run for 197 yards (39.4 per game).
- Monaray Baldwin has 12 catches (23 targets) and paces his team with 278 receiving yards (55.6 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Ketron Jackson Jr.’s stat line this year reveals 14 catches for 228 yards. He puts up 45.6 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 31 times.
- Hal Presley is averaging 39.6 yards per game, with 14 catches for 198 yards.
- This season Matt Jones has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, recording 2.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Kyler Jordan has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding nine tackles and one pass defended.
Texas Tech Statistical Leaders
- Tyler Shough has 746 passing yards (149.2 per game), seven touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has 149 rushing yards on 48 carries with two touchdowns.
- Tahj Brooks has churned out a team-best 518 rushing yards (103.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jerand Bradley has 21 catches (43 targets) and paces his team with 246 receiving yards (49.2 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Myles Price has tacked on 17 catches for 181 yards and four touchdowns this year. He has been targeted 25 times, and puts up 36.2 receiving yards.
- Xavier White is averaging 35.6 receiving yards per game, racking up 15 receptions (22 targets) for 178 yards.
- Jaylon Hutchings has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 5.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Jesiah Pierre has totaled 34 tackles to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Malik Dunlap has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on eight tackles and three passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!