NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports Network
- City: Boise, Idaho
- Venue: Albertsons Stadium
|Boise State||-8.5 (-107)||O 58.5 (-117)||-312|
|San Jose State||+8.5 (-113)||U 58.5 (-107)||+242|
In a battle of two conference rivals, the Boise State Broncos (2-3) will meet the San Jose State Spartans (1-4). The Broncos are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8.5). An over/under of 58.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Broncos head into the matchup after losing 35-32 to the Memphis Tigers in their last outing on September 30. Last time out, the Spartans were beaten by the Air Force Falcons 45-20.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Boise State vs. San Jose State Key Stats
- Boise State’s average points scored this season, 28.6, is 4.8 fewer than the 33.4 San Jose State is giving up.
- Boise State is 2-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it scores over 33.4 points.
- When the Spartans defense allows fewer than 28.6 points, San Jose State has accumulated a 1-1 overall record and a 1-0 record against the spread.
- San Jose State averages 28.2 points per game, 3.4 fewer than Boise State surrenders (31.6).
- This year Boise State is 1-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 28.2 points.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Boise State||San Jose State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||420.4 (43)||353.8 (88)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||433.6 (115)||378.4 (81)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||165.6 (57)||135.2 (94)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||254.8 (49)||218.6 (88)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (49)||3 (5)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (76)||6 (76)|
Boise State vs. San Jose State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the contest of 58.5 is 1.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for Boise State (28.6 points per game) and San Jose State (28.2 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 65 points per game, 6.5 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Boise State has a record of 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- San Jose State has won one game against the spread this year.
- San Jose State has not covered the spread when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
|San Jose State||1-1-0||1-1-0||0-0||0-2|
Boise State Statistical Leaders
- This season Taylen Green has put up 938 passing yards (187.6 yards per game) while completing 52.6% of his passes, with four touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has 179 rushing yards on 35 attempts (plus two scores), averaging 35.8 YPG.
- Ashton Jeanty has run for a team-leading 489 yards (97.8 per game) and scored eight touchdowns. Receiving, he has caught 23 passes for 338 yards and four touchdowns.
- Eric McAlister has 25 catches (45 targets) and paces his team with 426 receiving yards (85.2 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Stefan Cobbs is averaging 38.8 yards per game, with 19 catches for 194 yards and one touchdown.
- Ahmed Hassanein has collected a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Marco Notarainni’s 34 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two sacks mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Alexander Teubner has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 14 tackles and one pass defended in five games this season.
San Jose State Statistical Leaders
- Chevan Cordeiro has 1,013 passing yards (202.6 per game) and a 61.1% completion percentage, throwing six touchdown passes and two interceptions. He also has 92 rushing yards on 37 carries (with two touchdowns), averaging 18.4 yards per game.
- Kairee Robinson has taken 46 carries for a team-leading 284 rushing yards (56.8 per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Quali Conley has rushed for 220 yards on 33 carries (44.0 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground. He also has 10 catches for 79 yards.
- Nick Nash has grabbed 25 passes for a team-high 225 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 39 times, and averages 45.0 yards per game.
- Charles Ross’ stat line this year reveals 14 catches for 177 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 35.4 receiving yards per game.
- Dominick Mazotti has caught 12 passes on 17 targets for 153 yards and one touchdown.
- Tre Smith boasts an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, piling up 3.0 sacks, 2.0 TFL and 29 tackles.
- Tre Jenkins has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 26 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!