NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Friday, September 29, 2023
- Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Provo, Utah
- Venue: LaVell Edwards Stadium
|BYU||-2.5 (-112)||O 49.5 (-112)||-136|
|Cincinnati||+2.5 (-108)||U 49.5 (-113)||+112|
The BYU Cougars (3-1) are slim favorites (-2.5) against the Cincinnati Bearcats (2-2) in a battle of two conference rivals. The over/under for this one is set at 49.5 points.
The Cougars were beaten by the Kansas Jayhawks 38-27 in their last game. The Bearcats are coming off of a 20-6 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners.
We’ve collected all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
BYU vs. Cincinnati Key Stats
- BYU has put an average of 30.0 points per game on the board this season, 8.7 more than the 21.3 Cincinnati has surrendered.
- In games where BYU scores over 21.3 points, it is 2-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- When Cincinnati limits opposing offenses to fewer than 30.0 points, it is 2-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- This season Cincinnati averages 9.5 more points per game (30.8) than BYU surrenders (21.3).
- Cincinnati is 1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team puts up more than 21.3 points.
- This year BYU is 0-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 30.8 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||324.5 (109)||488.0 (18)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||326.5 (47)||336.8 (53)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||61.0 (128)||214.8 (15)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||263.5 (48)||273.3 (39)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (50)||6 (69)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (33)||7 (33)|
BYU vs. Cincinnati Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 60.8 points per game, 11.3 points more than the point total of 49.5 for this contest.
- The 42.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.9 fewer than the 49.5 over/under in this contest.
- BYU has covered once in two games with a spread this season.
- Cincinnati has covered once in two games with a spread this season.
- Cincinnati has been an underdog by 2.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
BYU Statistical Leaders
- This season Kedon Slovis has 1,017 passing yards (254.3 yards per game) while going 85-for-141 (60.3%) and throwing eight touchdowns with three interceptions.
- LJ Martin has picked up a team-leading 223 rushing yards (55.8 per game) and two scores.
- So far this year Aidan Robbins has rushed for 29 yards (7.3 per game).
- Isaac Rex has racked up 17 receptions for 260 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He has been targeted 34 times, and averages 65.0 receiving yards per game.
- Chase Roberts has also tacked on 227 yards, on 18 catches plus two touchdowns. He averages 56.8 receiving yards per game.
- Darius Lassiter has caught 17 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 50.0 yards per game.
- Tyler Batty has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 1.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Ben Bywater’s 25 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Jakob Robinson has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 11 tackles and two passes defended in four games this season.
Cincinnati Statistical Leaders
- This season Emory Jones has recorded 970 passing yards (242.5 per game) while going 77-for-124 (62.1%) and throwing for seven touchdowns with five interceptions. He has tacked on 186 rushing yards on 55 carries with three touchdowns.
- Corey Kiner has 57 attempts for a team-high 328 rushing yards (82.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Xzavier Henderson has hauled in 23 catches for 340 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 85.0 receiving yards per game.
- Braden Smith has also contributed 13 catches for 198 yards and two touchdowns this year. He has been targeted 21 times, and averages 49.5 receiving yards.
- Dee Wiggins has caught 13 passes on 21 targets for 187 yards and one touchdown, averaging 46.8 yards per game.
- This season Dontay Corleone leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Deshawn Pace has racked up 13 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- In terms of picks, Bryon Threats leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!