NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- Venue: Kelly/Shorts Stadium
|Central Michigan||-12.5 (-109)||O 47.5 (-119)||-555|
|Akron||+12.5 (-111)||U 47.5 (-106)||+394|
In a battle of two conference rivals, the Central Michigan Chippewas (3-3) will face off against the Akron Zips (1-5). The Chippewas are heavy favorites (-12.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 47.5.
The Chippewas enter this matchup following a 37-13 loss to the Buffalo Bulls in their most recent outing. The Zips’ most recent outing ended in a 55-14 loss to the Northern Illinois Huskies.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Central Michigan vs. Akron Key Stats
- Akron has allowed its opponents to score 29.5 points per game, 5.8 more than the 23.7 Central Michigan is scoring per contest.
- When it goes over what Akron gives up this season (29.5 points per game), Central Michigan is 2-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- When Akron limits opposing offenses to fewer than 23.7 points, it is 1-1 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Akron scores 17.5 fewer points per game (16.5) than Central Michigan surrenders (34.0).
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||340.5 (91)||293.3 (117)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||437.2 (122)||356.8 (77)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||146.3 (78)||103.0 (121)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||194.2 (105)||190.3 (109)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (65)||12 (121)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (127)||8 (58)|
Central Michigan vs. Akron Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the game of 47.5 is 7.3 points more than the combined points per game averages for Central Michigan (23.7 points per game) and Akron (16.5 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 63.5 points per game, 16.0 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Central Michigan has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Akron has covered twice in five chances against the spread this year.
- Akron has been an underdog by 12.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Central Michigan Statistical Leaders
- Jase Bauer has thrown for 879 yards (79-for-134), with four touchdowns and four interceptions (146.5 YPG). He’s also run 40 times for 139 yards and six touchdowns.
- Myles Bailey has rushed for a team-high 330 yards (55.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Marion Lukes has rushed for 170 yards (28.3 per game), with one touchdown on the ground. He also has 17 catches for 174 yards .
- Jesse Prewitt III has 21 receptions for a team-high 306 yards (51.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Chris Parker has also contributed with 14 catches for 255 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 23 times and averages 42.5 receiving yards per game.
- Tyson Davis has 186 receiving yards on 14 receptions (22 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 31.0 yards per game.
- Jacques Bristol has notched a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Kyle Moretti has totaled 30 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Elijah Rikard leads the team with one interception and has added eight tackles and one pass defended.
Akron Statistical Leaders
- DJ Iron has thrown for 718 yards while completing 66.2% of his passes, with three touchdowns and three interceptions (119.7 yards per game). He also has 61 carries for 215 yards and two touchdowns.
- Lorenzo Lingard has churned out a team-high 287 rushing yards (47.8 per game) and scored one touchdown. He has added 14 catches for 191 yards, with one receiving touchdown.
- This season Jasaiah Gathings has 22 catches for a team-high 204 yards (34.0 per game).
- Daniel George is averaging 31.3 receiving yards per game, racking up 21 receptions (36 targets) for 188 yards.
- This season CJ Nunnally leads the team with 5.0 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Bryan McCoy’s 31 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Tyson Durant has a team-high one interception and has tacked on six tackles and one pass defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!