NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Muncie, Indiana
- Venue: Scheumann Stadium
|Central Michigan||-3.5 (-106)||O 43.5 (-116)||-163|
|Ball State||+3.5 (-114)||U 43.5 (-109)||+133|
The Central Michigan Chippewas (4-3) and Ball State Cardinals (1-6) will play each other in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Chippewas are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The expected point total for the matchup is 43.5.
The Chippewas took down the Akron Zips 17-10 in their last game. Last time out, the Cardinals lost 13-6 to the Toledo Rockets.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Key Stats
- The average points per game for Central Michigan this season, 22.7, is eight fewer than the 30.7 Ball State has given up.
- In games where Central Michigan scores more than 30.7 points, it is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- When the Cardinals defense allows less than 22.7 points, Ball State has accumulated a 1-1 overall record and a 0-0 record against the spread.
- This year Ball State racks up 15.6 fewer points per game (15) than Central Michigan surrenders (30.6).
Below are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Central Michigan||Ball State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||334.4 (88)||288 (116)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||402.3 (118)||374.9 (94)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||142.1 (84)||119.6 (108)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||192.3 (109)||168.4 (118)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (74)||12 (102)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||4 (125)||6 (107)|
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the matchup of 43.5 is 5.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for Central Michigan (22.7 points per game) and Ball State (15 points per game).
- This game’s total is 17.8 fewer points than the 61.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- Central Michigan has won just one game against the spread this season.
- Ball State has won just one game against the spread this year.
- Central Michigan has not covered the spread this season (0-3 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Ball State has been an underdog by 3.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Central Michigan Statistical Leaders
- This year Jase Bauer has recorded 1,060 passing yards (151.4 yards per game) while completing 57.8% of his passes, with four touchdowns and six interceptions. He also has 200 rushing yards on 60 attempts (plus seven scores), averaging 28.6 yards per game.
- Myles Bailey has 86 carries for a team-leading 358 rushing yards (51.1 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jesse Prewitt III has 24 catches (30 targets) and paces his team with 356 receiving yards (50.9 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Chris Parker has tacked on 16 catches for 265 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 31 times and averages 37.9 receiving yards per game.
- Tyson Davis has caught 14 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 26.6 yards per game.
- Jacques Bristol has registered a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding three TFL and 16 tackles.
- This season Kyle Moretti has collected 31 tackles, four TFL, and two sacks, leading his team in tackles.
- Daraun McKinney has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding four tackles and one pass defended.
Ball State Statistical Leaders
- Layne Hatcher has thrown for 566 yards while completing 65.3% of his passes, with four touchdowns and zero interceptions (80.9 yards per game).
- Marquez Cooper has churned out a team-high 422 rushing yards (60.3 per game) and scored one touchdown. He has added 13 catches for 129 yards .
- Kiael Kelly has rushed for 279 yards on 50 carries (39.9 yards per game).
- This year Qian Magwood has 27 catches and leads the team with 260 yards (37.1 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Tanner Koziol has been targeted 44 times, and contributed with 217 yards (on 27 catches) and two touchdowns.
- Ahmad Edwards has caught 16 passes on 26 targets for 212 yards and one touchdown.
- Sidney Houston Jr. has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding three TFL and 33 tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Cole Pearce has racked up 36 tackles, five TFL, and three sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Tyler Potts has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding nine tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!