NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ACC Network
- City: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Venue: Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium
|Duke||-3.5 (-105)||O 47.5 (-120)||-161|
|NC State||+3.5 (-116)||U 47.5 (-105)||+131|
The No. 17 Duke Blue Devils (4-1) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5) — against the NC State Wolfpack (4-2) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 47.5.
The Blue Devils enter this matchup after a 21-14 loss to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their most recent game. Their last time out, the Wolfpack took down the Marshall Thundering Herd 48-41.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Duke vs. NC State Key Stats
- Duke has averaged 9.1 more points scored this season (32.6) than NC State has allowed (23.5).
- Duke is 4-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it scores over 23.5 points.
- NC State is 3-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 32.6 points.
- This season NC State scores 18.0 more points per game (29.2) than Duke gives up (11.2).
- When NC State puts up more than 11.2 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- When Duke allows less than 29.2 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||404.2 (94)||354.5 (76)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||297.2 (10)||338.2 (61)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||198.2 (26)||148.5 (76)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||206.0 (95)||206.0 (95)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (16)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||11 (16)|
Duke vs. NC State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the game of 47.5 is 14.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Duke (32.6 points per game) and NC State (29.2 points per game).
- The 34.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 12.8 fewer than the 47.5 total in this contest.
- Duke has won one game against the spread this season.
- NC State has won one game against the spread this year.
- Duke has covered the spread when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- NC State has been an underdog by 3.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Duke Statistical Leaders
- Riley Leonard has 912 passing yards (182.4 per game) and a 62.7% completion percentage (79-for-126) while firing three touchdowns and one interception. He also has 326 rushing yards on 47 carries (plus four touchdowns), averaging 65.2 YPG.
- Jordan Waters has rushed for 303 yards (60.6 per game), with eight touchdowns on the ground. He also has five catches for 76 yards .
- Jordan Moore has hauled in 24 receptions for 313 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 37 times, and averages 62.6 receiving yards per game.
- Jalon Calhoun has 23 catches for 299 yards (59.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Sahmir Hagans has 125 receiving yards on 14 receptions (18 targets), averaging 25.0 yards per game.
- This season Aeneas Peebles leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- This season Tre Freeman has totaled 32 tackles and 0.5 sacks, leading his team in tackles.
- This season Myles Jones leads the team with two interceptions and has added six tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
NC State Statistical Leaders
- Brennan Armstrong has thrown for 971 yards while completing 58.8% of his passes, with five touchdowns and six interceptions (161.8 yards per game). He also has 70 carries for 281 yards and three touchdowns.
- Michael Allen has rushed for 209 yards on 38 carries (34.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Kevin Concepcion has reeled in 31 passes for a team best 347 yards and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 50 times, and averages 57.8 yards per game.
- Terrell Timmons Jr.’s stat line this year shows seven catches for 150 yards. He averages 25.0 receiving yards per game.
- Trent Pennix has racked up 136 yards on 11 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 22.7 yards per game.
- Davin Vann has registered a team-leading 4.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Payton Wilson has collected 67 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Robert Kennedy has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!