NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Greenville, North Carolina
- Venue: Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
|East Carolina||-7.5 (-108)||O 41.5 (-106)||-312|
|Charlotte||+7.5 (-112)||U 41.5 (-119)||+242|
The East Carolina Pirates (1-5) and Charlotte 49ers (1-5) will play each other in a battle of two conference rivals. The Pirates are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5). The expected point total for the matchup is 41.5.
The Pirates enter the matchup after losing 31-10 to the SMU Mustangs in their last game on October 12. The 49ers are coming off of a loss to the Navy Midshipmen by the score of 14-0.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
East Carolina vs. Charlotte Key Stats
- Charlotte has allowed an average of 25.3 points per game, 6.1 more than the 19.2 East Carolina has scored.
- East Carolina is 1-1 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it scores over 25.3 points.
- When the 49ers defense allows fewer than 19.2 points, Charlotte has put together a 1-1 overall record and a 0-1 record against the spread.
- Charlotte puts up 15.3 points per game, 11.2 fewer than East Carolina gives up (26.5).
Here are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||298.5 (130)||303.5 (129)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||329.5 (23)||381.5 (56)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||125.3 (102)||133.3 (96)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||173.2 (116)||170.2 (117)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (74)||10 (74)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||9 (61)||6 (107)|
East Carolina vs. Charlotte Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- East Carolina averages 19.2 points per game against Charlotte’s 15.3, totaling 7.0 points under the matchup’s total of 41.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 51.8 points per game, 10.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- East Carolina is winless against the spread this season (0-1-0).
- Charlotte has covered once in four chances against the spread this season.
- Charlotte has been an underdog by 7.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
East Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Alex Flinn has put up 649 passing yards (108.2 per game) with a 48.8% completion percentage (61-for-125) while registering one touchdown and six interceptions.
- Rahjai Harris has taken 72 carries for a team-leading 250 rushing yards (41.7 per game) and four touchdowns.
- So far this year Mason Garcia has run for 215 yards (35.8 per game), with two touchdowns.
- Chase Sowell has been targeted 36 times and has 22 catches, leading his team with 268 yards (44.7 ypg).
- Jaylen Johnson has been targeted 38 times and tacked on 213 yards (on 22 catches).
- Jsi Hatfield has 207 receiving yards on 15 receptions (31 targets), averaging 34.5 yards per game.
- Jeremy Lewis has notched a team-leading 1.5 sacks, while adding five TFL and 19 tackles.
- Julius Wood has collected 36 tackles and two TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Teagan Wilk has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 10 tackles and two passes defended in six games this season.
Charlotte Statistical Leaders
- Trexler Ivey has 601 passing yards (100.2 per game) and a 57% completion percentage, throwing two touchdown passes and four interceptions.
- Jalon Jones has rushed for a team-high 319 yards on 64 attempts (53.2 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- Terron Kellman has 184 yards on 38 carries (30.7 yards per game).
- This year Jack Hestera has 23 receptions for a team-high 286 yards (47.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jairus Mack has been targeted 15 times, and contributed with 190 yards (on nine catches) and one touchdown.
- Colin Weber has caught 15 passes on 20 targets for 148 yards.
- Eyabi Anoma has registered a team-leading four sacks, while adding five TFL and 28 tackles.
- Nikhai Hill-Green has totaled 39 tackles, five TFL, and two sacks this season, leading his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Kameron Howard leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added 10 tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!