NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Venue: Rynearson Stadium
|Eastern Michigan||-2.5 (-116)||O 45.5 (-109)||-142|
|Ball State||+2.5 (-105)||U 45.5 (-116)||+117|
The Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-3) are slim favorites (-2.5) against the Ball State Cardinals (1-4) in a matchup of two conference rivals. An over/under of 45.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their most recent outing, the Eagles lost 26-23 to the Central Michigan Chippewas. Last time out, the Cardinals lost 42-24 to the Western Michigan Broncos.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State Key Stats
- Eastern Michigan’s average points scored this season, 16.2, is 19.4 fewer than the 35.6 Ball State is giving up.
- Ball State averages 17.8 points per game, 4.6 fewer than Eastern Michigan surrenders (22.4).
- Ball State is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team scores more than 22.4 points.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Eastern Michigan||Ball State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||260.2 (130)||301.0 (120)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||414.8 (109)||399.0 (95)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||123.4 (103)||104.4 (116)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||136.8 (128)||196.6 (102)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (49)||9 (102)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (53)||5 (97)|
Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 34 points per game, 11.5 points fewer than the point total of 45.5 for this matchup.
- The 58 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 12.5 more than the 45.5 over/under in this contest.
- Eastern Michigan has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Ball State has won one game against the spread this year.
- Eastern Michigan has not covered the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Ball State has covered the spread once when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Eastern Michigan Statistical Leaders
- Austin Smith has 642 yards through the air (128.4 per game) and a 60.4% completion percentage (67-for-111), throwing three touchdown passes and three interceptions. He also has 120 rushing yards on 46 carries (with one touchdown).
- Jaylon Jackson has run for a team-best 258 yards (51.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Samson Evans has rushed for 242 yards (48.4 per game), with two touchdowns.
- Tanner Knue has hauled in 22 catches for 187 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 33 times, and averages 37.4 receiving yards per game.
- JB Mitchell III has been targeted 23 times and chipped in with 103 yards (on 11 catches).
- Blake Daniels has caught nine passes on 16 targets for 101 yards.
- Mikah Coleman has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Joseph Sparacio’s 18 tackles make him the team’s tackle leader.
- Bennett Walker has intercepted three passes to lead the team while adding three passes defended.
Ball State Statistical Leaders
- This year Kadin Semonza has put up 480 passing yards (96.0 per game) while going 50-for-82 (61%) and throwing for three touchdowns with five interceptions.
- Marquez Cooper has 73 carries for a team-high 316 rushing yards (63.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Kiael Kelly has rushed for 87 yards on 23 carries (17.4 yards per game).
- Qian Magwood has hauled in 24 passes for a team best 241 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 32 times, and averages 48.2 yards per game.
- Tanner Koziol has contributed with 20 receptions (on 33 targets) for 169 yards and one touchdown.
- Ahmad Edwards has racked up 153 yards on 10 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 30.6 yards per game.
- Sidney Houston Jr. is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up 2.5 sacks, 3.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- In terms of picks, Tyler Potts leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added nine tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!