NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ABC
- City: Tallahassee, Florida
- Venue: Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium
|Florida State||-17.5 (-108)||O 56.5 (-111)||-1000|
|Syracuse||+17.5 (-112)||U 56.5 (-114)||+610|
The No. 4 Florida State Seminoles (5-0) and Syracuse Orange (4-2) will play each other in a battle of two conference rivals. The Seminoles are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -17.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 56.5.
The Seminoles enter the matchup after winning 39-17 over the Virginia Tech Hokies in their last game on October 7. The Orange’s last game was a 40-7 loss to the North Carolina Tar Heels.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Florida State vs. Syracuse Key Stats
- Florida State has averaged 23.4 more points this season (42.4) than Syracuse has allowed (19.0).
- Florida State is 5-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it scores over 19.0 points.
- When Syracuse limits opposing offenses to fewer than 42.4 points, it is 4-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread.
- This year Syracuse puts up 11.6 more points per game (33.0) than Florida State gives up (21.4).
- When Syracuse scores more than 21.4 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- This season Florida State is 2-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 33.0 points.
Here are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||430.2 (73)||423.0 (33)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||383.4 (44)||355.0 (76)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||174.6 (46)||174.2 (47)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||255.6 (51)||248.8 (60)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||3 (4)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (96)||12 (9)|
Florida State vs. Syracuse Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 75.4 points per game, 18.9 points more than the total of 56.5 for this contest.
- The 40.4 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 16.1 fewer than the 56.5 total in this contest.
- Florida State has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Syracuse has won just one game against the spread this season.
- Florida State has been favored by 17.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Florida State Statistical Leaders
- Jordan Travis has thrown for 1,188 yards (93-for-145), with 12 touchdowns and one interception (237.6 YPG). He’s also rushed 33 times for 119 yards and two touchdowns.
- Trey Benson has churned out a team-leading 419 rushing yards (83.8 per game) and six scores. He has added nine receptions for 93 yards .
- So far this year Lawrance Toafili has rushed for 135 yards (27.0 per game), with one touchdown. Toafili also figures in the passing game, catching 11 passes for 81 .
- Johnny Wilson has 20 catches (36 targets) and paces his team with 357 receiving yards (71.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Keon Coleman has contributed with 20 catches for 278 yards and six touchdowns. He has been targeted 33 times and puts up 55.6 receiving yards per game.
- Jaheim Bell has 151 receiving yards on 10 receptions (17 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 30.2 yards per game.
- This season Kalen DeLoach has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, collecting 3.5 sacks, 3.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- DJ Lundy has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 18 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one pass defended in five games this season.
Syracuse Statistical Leaders
- This year Garrett Shrader has collected 1,277 passing yards (212.8 per game) while going 102-for-158 (64.6%) and throwing for eight touchdowns with five interceptions. He has added 368 rushing yards on 71 carries with six touchdowns.
- LeQuint Allen has churned out a team-high 401 rushing yards (66.8 per game) and scored seven touchdowns. He has added 20 catches for 141 yards with one receiving touchdown.
- This year Umari Hatcher has 19 receptions for a team-high 310 yards (51.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Donovan Brown has contributed with 22 receptions (on 33 targets) for 298 yards and one touchdown.
- Damien Alford has caught 18 passes on 30 targets for 282 yards and one touchdown, averaging 47.0 yards per game.
- This season Leon Lowery leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Justin Barron’s 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions make him the team leader for tackles and interceptions.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!