NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ABC
- City: Tallahassee, Florida
- Venue: Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium
|Florida State||-25.5 (-106)||O 53.5 (-111)||-3333|
|Virginia Tech||+25.5 (-114)||U 53.5 (-114)||+1164|
The No. 5 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) and Virginia Tech Hokies (2-3) will play each other in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Seminoles are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -25.5). The predicted point total for the matchup is 53.5.
In their most recent game, the Seminoles knocked off the Clemson Tigers 31-24. The Hokies are coming off of a victory over the Pittsburgh Panthers by the score of 38-21.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Florida State vs. Virginia Tech Key Stats
- Florida State has averaged 19.1 more points this season (43.3) than Virginia Tech has allowed (24.2).
- In games where Florida State scores more than 24.2 points, it is 4-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- When Virginia Tech limits opposing offenses to fewer than 43.3 points, it is 2-3 overall and 1-3 against the spread.
- Virginia Tech racks up just 2.3 more points per game (24.8) than Florida State surrenders (22.5).
- When Virginia Tech records more than 22.5 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- When Florida State allows fewer than 24.8 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
Here are some more important stats from this season:
|Florida State||Virginia Tech|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||424.8 (100)||348.8 (90)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||401.0 (42)||335.4 (52)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||147.8 (78)||126.4 (101)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||277.0 (34)||222.4 (84)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||3 (5)||6 (49)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (97)||6 (76)|
Florida State vs. Virginia Tech Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 68.1 points per game, 14.6 points more than the over/under of 53.5 for this matchup.
- The 46.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.8 fewer than the 53.5 over/under in this contest.
- Florida State has put together a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- Virginia Tech has a record of just 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Florida State Statistical Leaders
- Jordan Travis has passed for 1,018 yards (75-for-121), with 10 touchdowns and one interception (254.5 YPG). He’s also carried the ball 23 times for 94 yards and two scores, averaging 23.5 YPG.
- Trey Benson has churned out a team-best 219 rushing yards (54.8 YPG) plus four touchdowns. He has tacked on six catches for 78 yards .
- Johnny Wilson has 16 catches (on 32 targets) and leads the team with 303 receiving yards (75.8 per game).
- Keon Coleman’s stat line this year reveals 17 catches for 256 yards and six touchdowns. He averages 64.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 28 times.
- Jaheim Bell has totaled 151 yards on 10 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 37.8 yards per game.
- Kalen DeLoach has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 3.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Tatum Bethune has racked up 17 tackles and 1.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- This season Renardo Green leads the team with one interception and has added 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
Virginia Tech Statistical Leaders
- Kyron Drones has 618 passing yards (123.6 per game), four touchdowns and one interception. He also has 205 rushing yards on 62 carries with four touchdowns.
- Bhayshul Tuten has churned out a team-high 301 rushing yards (60.2 per game) and scored one touchdown. He has tacked on 12 catches for 132 yards with two receiving touchdowns.
- Da’Quan Felton has 14 catches (34 targets) and paces his team with 209 receiving yards (41.8 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Jaylin Lane has been targeted 21 times, and contributed with 188 yards (on 12 catches) and three touchdowns.
- Dae’Quan Wright is averaging 31.4 yards per game, with 12 catches for 157 yards.
- Antwaun Powell has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Keli Lawson has collected 42 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- In terms of picks, Keonta Jenkins leads the team with one interception this season and has added nine tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!