NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 5:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: San Marcos, Texas
- Venue: Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium
|Georgia Southern||-1.5 (-114)||O 70.5 (-117)||-128|
|Texas State||+1.5 (-106)||U 70.5 (-107)||+105|
The Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2) and Texas State Bobcats (5-3) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Eagles are slight favorites (-1.5). An over/under of 70.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their most recent outing, the Eagles won 44-27 over the Georgia State Panthers. The Bobcats are coming off of a 31-13 loss to the Troy Trojans.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Georgia Southern vs. Texas State Key Stats
- Georgia Southern, on average, scores 5.0 more points (33.8) than Texas State allows (28.8).
- In games where Georgia Southern scores more than 28.8 points, it is 6-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- When Texas State limits opposing offenses to fewer than 33.8 points, it is 3-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread.
- This year Texas State scores 10.5 more points per game (35.1) than Georgia Southern surrenders (24.6).
- Texas State is 1-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when the team notches more than 24.6 points.
- This year Georgia Southern is 3-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it holds opponents to less than 35.1 points.
Here are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Georgia Southern||Texas State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||449.4 (27)||472.1 (14)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||382.8 (73)||410.9 (103)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||128.8 (98)||202.8 (19)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||320.6 (8)||269.4 (38)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||19 (129)||15 (113)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||17 (9)||11 (69)|
Georgia Southern vs. Texas State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Georgia Southern averages 33.8 points per game against Texas State’s 35.1, totaling 1.6 points under the game’s total of 70.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 53.4 points per game, 17.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Georgia Southern is 3-3-0 ATS this season.
- Texas State has a record of just 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Georgia Southern is 3-1 ATS this season when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- Texas State has been an underdog by 1.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Georgia Southern Statistical Leaders
- Davis Brin has thrown for 2,456 yards while connecting on 66.2% of his passes (239-for-361), with 17 touchdowns and 12 interceptions (307.0 yards per game).
- Jalen White has taken 106 attempts for a team-high 591 rushing yards (73.9 YPG) and six touchdowns.
- OJ Arnold has run for 330 yards (41.3 YPG), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Khaleb Hood has 65 catches (on 91 targets) and leads the team with 665 receiving yards (83.1 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr.’s stat line this year reveals 50 catches for 546 yards and four touchdowns. He averages 68.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 73 times.
- Dalen Cobb is averaging 40.1 yards per game, with 23 catches for 321 yards and one touchdown.
- Isaac Walker has 5.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 13 tackles.
- Marques Watson-Trent leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 44 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and two interceptions over the course of the current campaign.
Texas State Statistical Leaders
- TJ Finley has passed for 2,104 yards (177-of-260), with 15 touchdowns and five interceptions (263.0 yards per game).
- Ismail Mahdi has run for a team-high 854 yards on 118 attempts (106.8 yards per game) and eight touchdowns.
- Donerio Davenport has 232 yards on 55 carries (29.0 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Joey Hobert has been targeted 70 times and has 51 catches, leading his team with 663 yards (82.9 per game) while also scoring six touchdowns.
- Ashtyn Hawkins has also chipped in with 35 catches for 452 yards and two touchdowns this season. He has been targeted 57 times, and puts up 56.5 receiving yards.
- Kole Wilson is averaging 55.5 yards per game, with 38 catches for 444 yards and four touchdowns.
- Ben Bell has notched a team-leading 5.0 sacks, while adding 10.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- Brian Holloway’s 62 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception make him the team’s top tackler.
- In terms of picks, Kaleb Ford-Dement leads the team with one interception this season and has added 17 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!