NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Center Parc Stadium
|Georgia State||– ()||O 56.5 (-117)||-113|
|Marshall||+ ()||U 56.5 (-107)||-107|
The Georgia State Panthers (4-1) are considered favorites (-) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-1) on October 14, 2023, starting at 7:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN2. The expected point total for the matchup is 56.5.
The Panthers were knocked off by the Troy Trojans 28-7 in their most recent game. The Thundering Herd’s most recent game ended in a 48-41 loss to the NC State Wolfpack.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Georgia State vs. Marshall Key Stats
- Georgia State has averaged 5.0 more points scored this season (31.0) than Marshall has allowed (26.0).
- Georgia State is 4-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it scores over 26.0 points.
- Marshall is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 31.0 points.
- This season Marshall averages 7.8 more points per game (31.6) than Georgia State gives up (23.8).
- Marshall is 2-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team puts up more than 23.8 points.
- When Georgia State gives up fewer than 31.6 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
Here are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||411.4 (87)||413.6 (84)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||402.8 (57)||349.6 (31)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||174.0 (49)||156.0 (67)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||237.4 (66)||257.6 (46)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (16)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||9 (37)|
Georgia State vs. Marshall Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 56.5 is 6.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Georgia State (31.0 points per game) and Marshall (31.6 points per game).
- The 49.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 6.7 fewer than the 56.5 over/under in this contest.
- Georgia State has covered once in three chances against the spread this season.
- Marshall has won two games against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Georgia State Statistical Leaders
- Darren Grainger has 1,187 passing yards (237.4 YPG) and a 68.7% completion percentage (92-for-134) while throwing seven touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has 288 yards on the ground on 58 carries (plus three touchdowns), averaging 57.6 YPG.
- Marcus Carroll has rushed for a team-high 583 yards (116.6 per game) and nine touchdowns. He also has 88 receiving yards on 10 catches .
- Robert Lewis has racked up 26 receptions for 500 yards, best on his team, and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 38 times, and averages 100.0 receiving yards per game.
- Tailique Williams has 15 catches for 268 yards (53.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jacari Carter has 124 receiving yards on 16 receptions (21 targets), averaging 24.8 yards per game.
- Kevin Swint has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Jontrey Hunter’s 39 tackles and 1.0 TFL make him the team’s top tackler.
- Gavin Pringle has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 16 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
Marshall Statistical Leaders
- Cam Fancher has thrown for 1,205 yards while completing 66.5% of his passes, with six touchdowns and five interceptions (241.0 yards per game). He also has 63 carries for 187 yards and two touchdowns.
- Rasheen Ali has churned out a team-best 538 rushing yards (107.6 per game) and nine touchdowns.
- This year Caleb Coombs has 19 receptions for a team-high 185 yards (37.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Cade Conley’s stat line this year reveals 18 catches for 167 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 33.4 receiving yards per game.
- Caleb McMillan has caught eight passes on 20 targets for 154 yards and one touchdown, averaging 30.8 yards per game.
- This season Sam Burton leads the team with 4.5 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Eli Neal’s 27 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Micah Abraham has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on seven tackles and two passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!