NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Huntington Bank Stadium
|Illinois||-1.5 (+117)||O 42.5 (-113)||+104|
|Minnesota||+1.5 (-142)||U 42.5 (-112)||-126|
The Illinois Fighting Illini (3-5) and Minnesota Golden Gophers (5-3) will play each other in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Fighting Illini are small favorites (-1.5). The predicted point total for the game is 42.5.
The Fighting Illini played the Wisconsin Badgers in their most recent game, losing 25-21. Last time out, the Golden Gophers won 27-12 over the Michigan State Spartans.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Illinois vs. Minnesota Key Stats
- Illinois has put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game this season (20.4) as Minnesota has allowed (22.8).
- Illinois is 3-1 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it scores more than 22.8 points.
- When Minnesota limits opposing offenses to less than 20.4 points, it is 4-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Minnesota averages 21.1 points per game, 6.7 fewer than Illinois surrenders (27.8).
- Minnesota is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team scores more than 27.8 points.
- Illinois has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when it surrenders less than 21.1 points.
Here are some more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||365.5 (89)||314.9 (117)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||396.0 (88)||333.1 (34)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||136.9 (89)||174.5 (44)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||228.6 (68)||140.4 (128)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||14 (103)||11 (66)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (78)||15 (17)|
Illinois vs. Minnesota Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Illinois averages 20.4 points per game against Minnesota’s 21.1, amounting to 1.0 point under the game’s point total of 42.5.
- This game’s point total is 8.1 fewer points than the 50.6 these two teams combine to give up per game.
- Illinois has covered just once in eight games with a spread this season.
- Minnesota has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Illinois has not covered the spread when favored by 1.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Minnesota has covered the spread once this year (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Luke Altmyer has thrown for 1,676 yards (151-for-239), with 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions (209.5 yards per game). He’s also run the ball 83 times for 301 yards and three scores, averaging 37.6 yards per game.
- Kaden Feagin has run for a team-best 329 yards (41.1 per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Williams has 46 receptions for a team-high 562 yards (70.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Pat Bryant has 24 catches for 324 yards (40.5 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Casey Washington has caught 25 passes for 271 yards, averaging 33.9 yards per game.
- Jer’Zhan Newton has notched a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Dylan Rosiek’s 41 tackles and 3.0 TFL make him the team’s top tackler.
- This season Xavier Scott leads the team with two interceptions and has added 38 tackles and three passes defended.
Minnesota Statistical Leaders
- Athan Kaliakmanis has thrown for 1,123 yards while completing 54.6% of his passes, with seven touchdowns and seven interceptions (140.4 yards per game).
- Darius Taylor has run for a team-high 591 yards on 103 carries (73.9 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Jordan Nubin has rushed for 229 yards on 46 carries (28.6 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Daniel Jackson has 36 catches (67 targets) and paces his team with 507 receiving yards (63.4 per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Corey Crooms has added 21 receptions (on 44 targets) for 269 yards.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has caught 15 passes on 27 targets for 109 yards.
- Danny Striggow has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 4.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Maverick Baranowski has racked up 35 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Tyler Nubin has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 24 tackles, one sack, and three passes defended in eight games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!