NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Friday, October 6, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Champaign, Illinois
- Venue: Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL)
|Illinois||-3.5 (-113)||O 44.5 (-111)||-175|
|Nebraska||+3.5 (-107)||U 44.5 (-114)||+142|
The Illinois Fighting Illini (2-3) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5) — versus the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-3) in a battle of two conference rivals. The predicted point total for the game is 44.5.
In their most recent outing, the Fighting Illini lost 44-19 to the Purdue Boilermakers. The Cornhuskers are coming off of a loss to the Michigan Wolverines by the score of 45-7.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Illinois vs. Nebraska Key Stats
- Illinois’ average points scored this season (21.6) and Nebraska’s points allowed (23.8) are within 2.2 points of each other.
- When the Huskers defense allows less than 21.6 points, Nebraska has accumulated a 2-1 overall record and a 1-1 record against the spread.
- This season Nebraska racks up 11.8 fewer points per game (18.8) than Illinois surrenders (30.6).
Here are some more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||390.8 (66)||348.4 (91)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||419.4 (110)||325.6 (47)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||144.0 (83)||209.0 (14)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||246.8 (58)||139.4 (126)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||11 (121)||7 (66)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (97)||4 (112)|
Illinois vs. Nebraska Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Illinois averages 21.6 points per game against Nebraska’s 18.8, amounting to 4.1 points under the game’s total of 44.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 54.4 points per game, 9.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Illinois has compiled a 0-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Nebraska has won one game against the spread this year.
- Illinois has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Nebraska has been an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Luke Altmyer has passed for 1,081 yards (93-for-143), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions (216.2 YPG). He’s also run the ball 47 times for 175 yards and three scores, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
- Reggie Love III has taken 44 attempts for a team-high 243 rushing yards (48.6 YPG) and one touchdown.
- Isaiah Williams has 30 catches (48 targets) and paces his team with 446 receiving yards (89.2 ypg).
- Pat Bryant has added 16 receptions (on 27 targets) for 160 yards, scoring three touchdowns.
- Casey Washington has 122 receiving yards on 13 receptions (16 targets), averaging 24.4 yards per game.
- Jer’Zhan Newton has registered a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Miles Scott’s 29 tackles and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Nicario Harper has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 10 tackles and one pass defended in five games this season.
Nebraska Statistical Leaders
- This year Heinrich Haarberg has racked up 477 passing yards (95.4 per game) while going 38-for-72 (52.8%) and throwing for four touchdowns with one interception. He has tacked on 270 rushing yards on 51 carries with two touchdowns.
- Anthony Grant has rushed for 224 yards on 44 carries (44.8 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- This season Billy Kemp IV has 17 receptions for a team-high 193 yards (38.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Marcus Washington has been targeted 14 times, and added 137 yards (on seven catches).
- Thomas Fidone II has caught nine passes on 14 targets for 115 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- This season Luke Reimer leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Isaac Gifford’s 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception make him the team leader for tackles and interceptions.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!