NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: NBC
- City: Iowa City, Iowa
- Venue: Kinnick Stadium
|Iowa||-11.5 (-111)||O 36.5 (-112)||-555|
|Michigan State||+11.5 (-109)||U 36.5 (-113)||+394|
The Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1) and Michigan State Spartans (2-2) will meet in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Hawkeyes are heavy favorites (-11.5). The expected point total for the game is 36.5.
The Hawkeyes were knocked off by the Penn State Nittany Lions 31-0 in their most recent outing. The Spartans’ last outing finished in a 31-9 loss to the Maryland Terrapins.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Iowa vs. Michigan State Key Stats
- Michigan State has allowed 23.3 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 21.3 Iowa has scored.
- In games where Iowa scores over 23.3 points, it is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Michigan State is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 21.3 points.
- Michigan State puts up 6.0 more points per game (23.0) than Iowa gives up (17.0).
- When Michigan State records more than 17.0 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- When Iowa allows less than 23.0 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||245.5 (129)||377.0 (84)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||313.8 (37)||371.8 (77)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||118.5 (105)||111.0 (112)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||127.0 (126)||266.0 (44)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (88)||8 (105)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (110)||4 (97)|
Iowa vs. Michigan State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the game of 36.5 is 7.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Iowa (21.3 points per game) and Michigan State (23.0 points per game).
- The 40.3 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.8 more than the 36.5 over/under in this contest.
- Iowa has covered twice in three matchups with a spread this season.
- Michigan State is winless against the spread this year (0-1-0).
- Iowa has covered the spread when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Iowa Statistical Leaders
- Cade McNamara has 459 yards through the air (114.8 per game) and a 50.6% completion percentage (43-for-85), throwing four touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Leshon Williams has picked up a team-best 173 rushing yards (43.3 per game) and zero scores.
- Jaziun Patterson has run for 104 yards (26.0 YPG), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Luke Lachey has 10 catches (17 targets) and paces his team with 131 receiving yards (32.8 ypg).
- Erick All has added 10 catches for 116 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 15 times and puts up 29.0 receiving yards per game.
- Seth Anderson has collected 68 yards on four receptions with one touchdown, averaging 17.0 yards per game.
- This season Deontae Craig leads the team with 1.0 sack and has added 2.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Jay Higgins has racked up 41 tackles to lead the team in tackles so far.
- This season Xavier Nwankpa leads the team with one interception and has added 10 tackles and one pass defended.
Michigan State Statistical Leaders
- Noah Kim has passed for 897 yards (66-of-117), with six touchdowns and three interceptions (224.3 yards per game).
- Nathan Carter has run for a team-leading 369 yards on 73 attempts (92.3 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Jalen Berger has run for 31 yards on 10 carries (7.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- This year Jaron Glover has nine catches for a team-high 203 yards (50.8 per game).
- Christian Fitzpatrick has hauled in seven catches for 166 yards (41.5 per game).
- Tre Mosley has collected 157 yards on 13 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 39.3 yards per game.
- Aaron Brule has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Dillon Tatum’s 27 tackles make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Angelo Grose has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one pass defended in four games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!