NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Huntsville, Texas
- Venue: Elliott T. Bowers Stadium
|Jacksonville State||-6.5 (-113)||O 36.5 (-111)||-263|
|Sam Houston||+6.5 (-107)||U 36.5 (-114)||+207|
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (3-1) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -6.5) — against the Sam Houston Bearkats (0-3) in a battle of two conference rivals. An over/under of 36.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their last outing, the Gamecocks won 21-0 over the Eastern Michigan Eagles. The Bearkats are coming off of a 38-7 loss to the Houston Cougars.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Jacksonville State vs. Sam Houston Key Stats
- Jacksonville State has put an average of 25.8 points per game on the board this season, 4.1 more than the 21.7 Sam Houston has surrendered.
- Sam Houston is 0-2 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 25.8 points.
- Sam Houston puts up 3.3 points per game, 8.5 fewer than Jacksonville State surrenders (11.8).
- This year Jacksonville State is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it holds opponents to less than 3.3 points.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Jacksonville State||Sam Houston|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||355.0 (44)||147.7 (129)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||279.8 (38)||351.0 (34)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||231.5 (12)||42.0 (129)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||123.5 (117)||105.7 (124)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (57)||5 (122)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (1)||1 (33)|
Jacksonville State vs. Sam Houston Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 29.1 points per game, 7.4 points fewer than the total of 36.5 for this contest.
- The 33.5 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.0 fewer than the 36.5 total in this contest.
- Jacksonville State has won one game against the spread this season.
- Sam Houston has not won against the spread this season in one games with a spread.
- Jacksonville State has won their only game this season when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Sam Houston has not covered the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Jacksonville State Statistical Leaders
- This year Logan Smothers has accumulated 277 yards through the air (69.3 yards per game) while completing 63% of his passes, with two touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also has 218 rushing yards on 41 carries (plus four scores), averaging 54.5 yards per game.
- Malik Jackson has rushed for a team-high 376 yards (94.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Quinton Lane has 10 catches (14 targets) and paces his team with 140 receiving yards (35.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Perry Carter Jr. has been targeted 14 times and added 97 yards (on five catches).
- Sterling Galban has caught five passes on seven targets for 54 yards and one touchdown.
- Larry Worth has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up nine tackles and one interception.
- Jeremiah Harris has racked up 16 tackles and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Worth has a team-high one interception and has tacked on nine tackles, two sacks, and one pass defended in four games this season.
Sam Houston Statistical Leaders
- This season Keegan Shoemaker has recorded 191 passing yards (63.7 per game) while going 26-for-47 (55.3%) and throwing for three interceptions.
- Zach Hrbacek has 19 attempts for a team-high 43 rushing yards (14.3 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- John Gentry has 36 rushing yards on 15 carries (12.0 yards per game).
- Ife Adeyi has been targeted 10 times and has seven catches, leading his team with 74 yards (24.7 per game).
- Noah Smith has chipped in with seven catches for 59 yards this season. He has been targeted 13 times, and averages 19.7 receiving yards.
- Kavian Gaither has collected a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding 1.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Trevor Williams has racked up 29 tackles and 1.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!