NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Venue: Bridgeforth Stadium and Zane Showker Field
|James Madison||-3.5 (-111)||O 58.5 (-113)||-169|
|Georgia Southern||+3.5 (-109)||U 58.5 (-112)||+137|
The James Madison Dukes (5-0) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5) — against the Georgia Southern Eagles (4-1) in a battle of two conference rivals. The matchup has an over/under of 58.5 points.
The Dukes played the South Alabama Jaguars in their last game, winning 31-23. Their last time out, the Eagles took down the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 38-28.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
James Madison vs. Georgia Southern Key Stats
- James Madison, on average, is scoring 13.0 more points per game this season (33.2) than Georgia Southern is allowing (20.2).
- In games where James Madison scores more than 20.2 points, it is 4-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- When the Eagles defense allows fewer than 33.2 points, Georgia Southern has put together a 3-0 overall record and a 2-0 record against the spread.
- Georgia Southern averages 35.0 points per game, 12.4 more than James Madison allows (22.6).
- When Georgia Southern scores more than 22.6 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- James Madison has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when it gives up less than 35.0 points.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|James Madison||Georgia Southern|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||402.0 (95)||471.6 (49)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||349.8 (32)||360.4 (36)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||160.4 (62)||134.6 (93)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||241.6 (64)||337.0 (9)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (49)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||10 (26)|
James Madison vs. Georgia Southern Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 68.2 points per game, 9.7 points more than the total of 58.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 42.8 points per game, 15.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- James Madison has put together a 3-1-0 ATS record so far this year.
- Georgia Southern has covered twice in four games with a spread this year.
- James Madison has been favored by 3.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Georgia Southern has not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
James Madison Statistical Leaders
- Jordan McCloud has 1,173 yards through the air (234.6 per game) and a 64.5% completion percentage (80-for-124), flinging 11 touchdown passes and three interceptions. He also has 108 rushing yards on 35 attempts (with two touchdowns).
- Kaelon Black has picked up a team-leading 365 rushing yards (73.0 per game) and zero scores. He has tacked on 13 receptions for 106 yards and one TD.
- Ty Son Lawton has run for 209 yards (41.8 per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Reggie Brown has 16 catches (on 33 targets) and leads the team with 373 receiving yards (74.6 per game) while hauling in three touchdowns.
- Elijah Sarratt’s stat line this year reveals 19 catches for 280 yards and two touchdowns. He puts up 56.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 22 times.
- Zach Horton is averaging 28.6 yards per game, racking up six receptions (11 targets) for 143 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Jalen Green leads the team with 6.5 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL, 19 tackles, and one interception.
- Aiden Fisher’s 33 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception make him the team’s top tackler.
- Francis Meehan has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 10 tackles and two passes defended.
Georgia Southern Statistical Leaders
- Davis Brin has 1,611 passing yards (322.2 per game) and a 69.7% completion percentage, throwing 12 touchdown passes and seven interceptions.
- OJ Arnold has churned out a team-high 269 rushing yards (53.8 per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- Jalen White has 261 yards on 45 carries (52.2 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood has been targeted 55 times and has 39 catches, leading his team with 414 yards (82.8 per game) while hauling in three touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has hauled in 36 catches for 371 yards (74.2 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Dalen Cobb is averaging 44.2 yards per game, with 21 catches for 221 yards.
- Isaac Walker has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added five tackles.
- Marques Watson-Trent has racked up 15 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Shemar Bartholomew has a team-high one interception and has tacked on one pass defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!