NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Huntington, West Virginia
- Venue: Joan C. Edwards Stadium
|James Madison||-3.5 (-116)||O 52.5 (-107)||-178|
|Marshall||+3.5 (-105)||U 52.5 (-117)||+145|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the James Madison Dukes (6-0) will play the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-2). The Dukes are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The over/under for this one is set at 52.5 points.
In their most recent outing, the Dukes defeated the Georgia Southern Eagles 41-13. The Thundering Herd’s last game finished in a 41-24 loss to the Georgia State Panthers.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
James Madison vs. Marshall Key Stats
- James Madison has averaged six more points this season (34.5) than Marshall has allowed (28.5).
- James Madison is 5-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread when it scores over 28.5 points.
- When Marshall limits opposing offenses to fewer than 34.5 points, it is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Marshall puts up 30.3 points per game, 9.3 more than James Madison gives up (21).
- When Marshall records more than 21 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- This season James Madison is 3-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 30.3 points.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||399 (81)||420.8 (67)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||352.8 (32)||370.3 (43)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||154.5 (68)||156 (64)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||244.5 (55)||264.8 (43)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (35)||11 (93)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||11 (31)||9 (61)|
James Madison vs. Marshall Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the game of 52.5 is 12.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for James Madison (34.5 points per game) and Marshall (30.3 points per game).
- The 49.5 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.0 fewer than the 52.5 over/under in this contest.
- James Madison has covered four times in five matchups with a spread this season.
- Marshall has won two games against the spread this year.
- James Madison has been favored by 3.5 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in two of those games.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
James Madison Statistical Leaders
- Jordan McCloud has racked up 1,432 passing yards (238.7 per game) while completing 100 of 155 throws (64.5%), with 14 touchdowns and three interceptions. He has tacked on 128 rushing yards (and two touchdowns), averaging 21.3 per game.
- Kaelon Black has picked up a team-leading 410 rushing yards (68.3 per game) and one touchdown. He has tacked on 16 receptions for 144 yards and three TDs.
- So far this season Ty Son Lawton has rushed for 244 yards (40.7 per game), with four touchdowns.
- Reggie Brown has racked up 20 receptions for 423 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 39 times, and averages 70.5 receiving yards per game.
- Elijah Sarratt has also contributed with 24 catches for 385 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 30 times and puts up 64.2 receiving yards per game.
- Zach Horton is averaging 25.3 yards per game, racking up nine receptions (14 targets) for 152 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Jalen Green leads the team with eight sacks and has added seven TFL, 24 tackles, and one interception.
- This season Aiden Fisher has collected 38 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and one interception, leading his team in tackles.
- This season Francis Meehan leads the team with two interceptions and has added 14 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended.
Marshall Statistical Leaders
- This year Cam Fancher has put up 1,506 passing yards (251 per game) while going 144-for-210 (68.6%) and throwing for seven touchdowns with five interceptions. He has tacked on 196 rushing yards on 73 carries with two touchdowns.
- Rasheen Ali has picked up a team-high 641 rushing yards (106.8 per game) and scored 11 touchdowns. He has added 15 catches for 144 yards with one receiving touchdown.
- Darryle Simmons has racked up 19 receptions for 207 yards, best on his team. He averages 34.5 receiving yards per game.
- Caleb Coombs has added 23 catches for 197 yards and two touchdowns this year. He has been targeted 30 times, and puts up 32.8 receiving yards.
- Cade Conley is averaging 27.8 yards per game, with 18 catches for 167 yards and one touchdown.
- Sam Burton has registered a team-leading 4.5 sacks, while adding two TFL and 21 tackles.
- Eli Neal’s 31 tackles, two TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Micah Abraham has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on eight tackles and two passes defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!