NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Venue: Bridgeforth Stadium and Zane Showker Field
|James Madison||-18.5 (-101)||O 49.5 (-109)||-1111|
|Old Dominion||+18.5 (-120)||U 49.5 (-116)||+654|
The No. 25 James Madison Dukes (7-0) and Old Dominion Monarchs (4-3) will meet in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Dukes are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -18.5). The over/under for this one is set at 49.5 points.
In their most recent game, the Dukes won 20-9 over the Marshall Thundering Herd. The Monarchs’ last outing ended in a 28-21 win over the Appalachian State Mountaineers.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
James Madison vs. Old Dominion Key Stats
- James Madison has averaged 7.0 more points scored this season (32.4) than Old Dominion has allowed (25.4).
- When it goes over what Old Dominion gives up this season (25.4 points per game), James Madison is 5-0 and 3-1 against the spread.
- Old Dominion is 4-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 32.4 points.
- This season Old Dominion averages 4.8 more points per game (24.1) than James Madison surrenders (19.3).
- Old Dominion is 2-0 against the spread and 2-2 overall when the team notches more than 19.3 points.
- James Madison has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when it allows opponents to score fewer than 24.1 points.
Here are some more important figures from this season:
|James Madison||Old Dominion|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||399.9 (73)||358.6 (101)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||326.6 (24)||372.0 (59)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||151.1 (73)||161.6 (61)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||248.7 (51)||197.0 (103)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (38)||13 (104)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||13 (20)||8 (93)|
James Madison vs. Old Dominion Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the game of 49.5 is 7.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for James Madison (32.4 points per game) and Old Dominion (24.1 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 4.8 fewer points than the 44.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- James Madison has compiled a 5-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- Old Dominion has put together a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this year.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
James Madison Statistical Leaders
- Jordan McCloud has thrown for 1,696 yards while connecting on 65.1% of his passes (121-for-186), with 15 touchdowns and four interceptions (242.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 45 times for 197 yards and three touchdowns.
- Kaelon Black has racked up a team-best 443 rushing yards (63.3 per game) and one touchdown. He has added 17 receptions for 149 yards and three TDs.
- Ty Son Lawton has run for 279 yards (39.9 per game), with four touchdowns on the ground.
- Reggie Brown has 26 receptions for a team-high 549 yards (78.4 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Elijah Sarratt has 31 catches for 455 yards (65.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Phoenix Sproles has collected 168 yards on 21 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 24.0 yards per game.
- This season Jalen Green leads the team with 13.0 sacks and has added 12.0 TFL, 29 tackles, and one interception.
- Aiden Fisher’s 48 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Francis Meehan has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
Old Dominion Statistical Leaders
- Grant Wilson has thrown for 1,026 yards while completing 54.8% of his passes, with eight touchdowns and five interceptions (146.6 yards per game).
- Kadarius Calloway has 41 carries for a team-high 458 rushing yards (65.4 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Keshawn Wicks has rushed for 361 yards on 69 carries (51.6 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground.
- Kelby Williams has been targeted 31 times and has 14 catches, leading his team with 338 yards (48.3 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Reymello Murphy has hauled in 10 catches for 232 yards (33.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Javon Harvey has caught six passes on 14 targets for 225 yards and one touchdown.
- Jason Henderson boasts an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, collecting 2.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 108 tackles.
- LaMareon James has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 26 tackles and one pass defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!