NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Kent, Ohio
- Venue: Dix Stadium
|Kent State||– ()||O 45.5 (-105)||+212|
|Buffalo||+ ()||U 45.5 (-120)||-270|
The Kent State Golden Flashes (1-6) are considered favorites (-) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Buffalo Bulls (2-5) on October 21, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 45.5.
In their most recent game, the Golden Flashes were knocked off by the Eastern Michigan Eagles 28-14. Their last time out, the Bulls lost 24-14 to the Bowling Green Falcons.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Kent State vs. Buffalo Key Stats
- Kent State has averaged 18.7 fewer points per game this season (13.4) than Buffalo has allowed (32.1).
- When Buffalo limits opposing offenses to fewer than 13.4 points, it is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- This year Buffalo averages 8.2 fewer points per game (26.1) than Kent State allows (34.3).
- Buffalo is 1-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall when the team puts up more than 34.3 points.
- This year Kent State is 0-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 26.1 points.
Below are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||273.6 (122)||323 (101)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||381.9 (100)||422.4 (121)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||121.9 (105)||126.6 (101)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||151.7 (124)||196.4 (104)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (35)||10 (74)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (107)||12 (19)|
Kent State vs. Buffalo Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the contest of 45.5 is 6.0 points more than the combined points per game averages for Kent State (13.4 points per game) and Buffalo (26.1 points per game).
- This game’s total is 20.9 fewer points than the 66.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- Kent State has a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Buffalo has won one game against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Kent State Statistical Leaders
- Michael Alaimo has racked up 881 passing yards (125.9 per game) while connecting on 72 of 130 throws (55.4%), with two touchdowns and four interceptions.
- Gavin Garcia has rushed for a team-leading 374 yards (53.4 YPG) and two touchdowns.
- Jaylen Thomas has 240 rushing yards on 63 attempts, and one touchdown.
- Chrishon McCray has hauled in 30 passes for a team best 397 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 56.7 receiving yards per game.
- Trell Harris has been targeted 28 times and contributed with 257 yards (on 15 catches) plus one touchdown.
- Luke Floriea has caught 12 passes for 143 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 20.4 yards per game.
- CJ West has registered a team-leading two sacks, while adding four TFL and 17 tackles.
- Devin Nicholson has totaled 47 tackles and three TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season D.J. Miller Jr. leads the team with one interception and has added 26 tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended.
Buffalo Statistical Leaders
- This year Cole Snyder has recorded 1,337 passing yards (191 per game) while going 140-for-237 (59.1%) and throwing for 11 touchdowns with six interceptions.
- Ron Cook Jr. has taken 81 attempts for a team-leading 330 rushing yards (47.1 per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He’s also caught 19 passes for 154 yards (22 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- Mike Washington has rushed for 295 yards on 66 carries (42.1 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- This year Darrell Harding Jr. has 14 receptions and leads the team with 239 yards (34.1 per game) while hauling in three touchdowns.
- Marlyn Johnson has chipped in with 234 yards on 24 catches and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 35 times and averages 33.4 receiving yards.
- Cole Harrity has totaled 196 yards on 26 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 28 yards per game.
- Max Michel has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up three TFL and 16 tackles.
- Devin Grant’s 31 tackles, one TFL, and four interceptions make him the team leader for tackles and interceptions.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!