NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: SEC Network
- City: Starkville, Mississippi
- Venue: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field
|Kentucky||-5.5 (+117)||O 45.5 (-113)||-161|
|Mississippi State||+5.5 (-142)||U 45.5 (-112)||+131|
The Kentucky Wildcats (5-3) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5) — versus the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-4) in a battle of two conference rivals. An over/under of 45.5 points has been established for the matchup.
In their last outing, the Wildcats fell to the Tennessee Volunteers 33-27. The Bulldogs’ most recent game finished in a 27-13 loss to the Auburn Tigers.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Kentucky vs. Mississippi State Key Stats
- Kentucky has averaged 4.9 more points this season (30.8) than Mississippi State has allowed (25.9).
- When it exceeds what Mississippi State gives up this season (25.9 points per game), Kentucky is 5-1 and 1-1 against the spread.
- When the Bulldogs defense allows fewer than 30.8 points, Mississippi State has accumulated a 4-1 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
- Mississippi State puts up 25.1 points per game, comparable to the 24.8 Kentucky surrenders.
- Mississippi State is 0-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it scores more than 24.8 points.
- This year Kentucky is 0-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 25.1 points.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||363.8 (91)||350.4 (96)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||363.4 (57)||373.4 (62)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||145.1 (81)||152.6 (71)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||218.6 (81)||197.8 (103)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (47)||9 (33)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||11 (69)||10 (78)|
Kentucky vs. Mississippi State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 55.9 points per game, 10.4 points more than the point total of 45.5 for this game.
- This matchup’s total is 5.2 fewer points than the 50.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- Kentucky has won just one game against the spread this season.
- Mississippi State has covered just once in seven games with a spread this year.
- Kentucky has covered the spread when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- Mississippi State has not covered the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Kentucky Statistical Leaders
- Devin Leary has put up 1,749 passing yards (218.6 per game) with a 56.8% completion percentage (134-for-236) while throwing 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Re’Mahn Davis has churned out a team-high 823 rushing yards (102.9 per game) and nine scores. He has added 18 receptions for 221 yards and five TDs.
- So far this season Jutahn McClain has run for 138 yards (17.3 per game), with one touchdown.
- Dane Key has been targeted 43 times and has 24 catches, leading his team with 395 yards (49.4 ypg) while also scoring three touchdowns.
- Tayvion Robinson has tacked on 371 yards, on 26 catches plus three touchdowns. He averages 46.4 receiving yards per game.
- Barion Brown has 334 receiving yards on 28 receptions (55 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 41.8 yards per game.
- This season Deone Walker leads the team with 4.5 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- This season D’Eryk Jackson has totaled 51 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception, leading his team in tackles.
- This season Maxwell Hairston leads the team with five interceptions and has added 39 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended.
Mississippi State Statistical Leaders
- Will Rogers has passed for 1,275 yards (105-of-171), with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions (159.4 yards per game).
- Jo’Quavious Marks has taken 97 carries for a team-leading 500 rushing yards (62.5 per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He’s also caught 18 passes for 138 yards (17.3 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- So far this year Michael Wright has run for 261 yards on 45 carries (32.6 yards per game), with three touchdowns.
- This year Lideatrick Griffin has 35 receptions for a team-high 512 yards (64.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Zavion Thomas’ stat line this year shows 21 catches for 266 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 33.3 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Robinson has totaled 184 yards on 14 receptions, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- This season Nathaniel Watson leads the team with 7.5 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and one interception.
- Jett Johnson’s 67 tackles, 7.0 TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Shawn Preston Jr. has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 27 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!