NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports Network
- City: Ruston, Louisiana
- Venue: Joe Aillet Stadium
|Louisiana Tech||-2.5 (-108)||O 51.5 (-111)||-131|
|New Mexico State||+2.5 (-112)||U 51.5 (-114)||+108|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (3-5) will play the New Mexico State Aggies (5-3). The Bulldogs are slight favorites (-2.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 51.5.
The Bulldogs played the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders in their most recent game, losing 31-23. The Aggies are coming off of a 28-7 win over the UTEP Miners.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Louisiana Tech vs. New Mexico State Key Stats
- Louisiana Tech has scored 26.6 points per game this season, 5.5 more than New Mexico State has given up.
- Louisiana Tech is 3-3 overall and 1-3 against the spread when it scores over 21.1 points.
- New Mexico State is 5-1 overall and 3-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 26.6 points.
- New Mexico State puts up 29.8 points per game, comparable to the 27.5 Louisiana Tech surrenders.
- New Mexico State is 1-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team scores more than 27.5 points.
- This season Louisiana Tech is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 29.8 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Louisiana Tech||New Mexico State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||384.3 (41)||439.6 (10)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||380.5 (105)||373.3 (99)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||141.1 (84)||202.1 (18)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||243.1 (56)||237.5 (60)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (65)||8 (38)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (106)||5 (123)|
Louisiana Tech vs. New Mexico State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 56.4 points per game, 4.9 points more than the point total of 51.5 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 48.6 points per game, 2.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Louisiana Tech has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- New Mexico State has covered three times in five games with a spread this season.
- Louisiana Tech has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- New Mexico State has been an underdog by 2.5 points or more three times this year, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
|New Mexico State||3-2-0||0-5-0||2-0||1-2|
Louisiana Tech Statistical Leaders
- Jack Turner has passed for 1,011 yards (83-for-144), with five touchdowns and five interceptions (126.4 yards per game).
- Tyre Shelton has taken 68 carries for a team-high 475 rushing yards (59.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Keith Willis Jr. has rushed for 240 yards (30.0 YPG), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Smoke Harris has hauled in 59 passes for a team best 614 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 76.8 receiving yards per game.
- Cyrus Allen has been targeted 48 times and tacked on 452 yards (on 26 catches) plus two touchdowns.
- Kyle Maxwell has caught nine passes for 168 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 21.0 yards per game.
- Deshon Hall has collected a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 24 tackles.
- Myles Heard has collected 58 tackles and 2.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Cedric Woods has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 17 tackles and two passes defended.
New Mexico State Statistical Leaders
- This season Diego Pavia has recorded 1,801 passing yards (225.1 per game) while going 117-for-189 (61.9%) and throwing for 16 touchdowns with five interceptions. He has added 536 rushing yards on 90 carries with four touchdowns.
- Ahmonte Watkins has rushed for 415 yards on 35 carries (51.9 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Jonathan Brady has hauled in 21 receptions for 355 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 44.4 receiving yards per game.
- Trent Hudson’s stat line this year shows 15 catches for 311 yards and five touchdowns. He averages 38.9 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Bellamy has caught 13 passes on 21 targets for 203 yards and one touchdown, averaging 25.4 yards per game.
- Izaiah Reed has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Keyshaun Elliott’s 54 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack make him the team’s tackle leader.
- Torren Union has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 11 tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!