NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Friday, September 29, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports Network
- City: El Paso, Texas
- Venue: Sun Bowl Stadium
|Louisiana Tech||-0.5 (-113)||O 52.5 (-114)||-113|
|UTEP||+0.5 (-107)||U 52.5 (-111)||-107|
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (2-3) are slight favorites (-0.5) against the UTEP Miners (1-4) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The total for this one is set at 52.5 points.
The Bulldogs enter this matchup after a 28-14 loss to the Nebraska Cornhuskers in their last outing. The Miners’ last game was a 45-28 loss to the UNLV Rebels.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Louisiana Tech vs. UTEP Key Stats
- Louisiana Tech’s average points scored this season (27.6) and UTEP’s points allowed (29.0) are within 1.4 points of each other.
- When it goes over what UTEP gives up this season (29.0 points per game), Louisiana Tech is 1-1 and 0-1 against the spread.
- UTEP is 1-1 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 27.6 points.
- This season UTEP scores 11.4 fewer points per game (17.4) than Louisiana Tech surrenders (28.8).
Here are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||392.8 (16)||350.8 (43)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||388.8 (124)||403.0 (126)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||154.0 (69)||145.8 (78)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||238.8 (68)||205.0 (100)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (88)||10 (121)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (74)||3 (110)|
Louisiana Tech vs. UTEP Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Louisiana Tech averages 27.6 points per game against UTEP’s 17.4, amounting to 7.5 points under the game’s over/under of 52.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 5.3 fewer points than the 57.8 these two teams combine to allow per game.
- Louisiana Tech has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- UTEP has not won against the spread this season in three opportunities.
- Louisiana Tech has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 0.5-point favorites.
- UTEP has not covered the spread when an underdog by 0.5 points or more this year (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Louisiana Tech Statistical Leaders
- This season Hank Bachmeier has 756 passing yards (151.2 yards per game) while going 70-for-106 (66%) and throwing five touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Keith Willis Jr. has taken 33 carries for a team-leading 240 rushing yards (48.0 YPG) and three touchdowns.
- Tyre Shelton has run for 214 yards (42.8 YPG), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Smoke Harris has hauled in 34 catches for 361 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 40 times, and averages 72.2 receiving yards per game.
- Cyrus Allen has also contributed with 17 catches for 246 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 29 times and puts up 49.2 receiving yards per game.
- Kyle Maxwell is averaging 22.6 yards per game, with five catches for 113 yards.
- This season Deshon Hall leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- This season Myles Heard has totaled 48 tackles and 2.0 TFL, leading his team in tackles.
- Cecil Singleton has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 33 tackles and one pass defended.
UTEP Statistical Leaders
- Gavin Hardison has 947 passing yards (189.4 per game) with a 56.6% completion percentage (73-for-129), throwing for five touchdowns with seven interceptions.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has run for a team-leading 298 yards on 56 carries (59.6 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also averages 23.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing eight passes for 117 yards.
- So far this season Deion Hankins has rushed for 297 yards on 58 carries (59.4 yards per game), with one touchdown.
- Kelly Akharaiyi has been targeted 29 times and has 14 catches, leading his team with 253 yards (50.6 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Jeremiah Ballard has contributed with 207 yards on 12 catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 21 times and averages 41.4 receiving yards.
- Tyrin Smith has racked up 191 yards on 19 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 38.2 yards per game.
- Tyrice Knight boasts an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, putting up 2.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 51 tackles.
- Trez Moore has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding six tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!