NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Channel: NFL Network
- City: Conway, South Carolina
- Venue: Brooks Stadium
|Marshall||-4.5 (+104)||O 47.5 (-114)||-169|
|Coastal Carolina||+4.5 (-126)||U 47.5 (-111)||+137|
The Marshall Thundering Herd (4-3) will have their 24th-ranked pass defense on display versus the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (4-3) and the No. 17 pass offense in college football, on Saturday, October 28, 2023. The Thundering Herd are favored, by 4.5 points. The game has an over/under of 47.5 points.
The Thundering Herd head into this matchup following a 20-9 loss to the James Madison Dukes in their most recent outing. The Chanticleers are coming off of a 27-17 win over the Arkansas State Red Wolves.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina Key Stats
- Marshall has averaged 4.6 more points scored this season (27.3) than Coastal Carolina has allowed (22.7).
- In games where Marshall scores over 22.7 points, it is 3-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread.
- Coastal Carolina is 4-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 27.3 points.
- Coastal Carolina averages 29.7 points per game, comparable to the 27.3 Marshall allows.
- Coastal Carolina is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team records more than 27.3 points.
- Marshall has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when it gives up fewer than 29.7 points.
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||384.9 (86)||447.3 (32)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||375.3 (63)||400.9 (88)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||133.1 (95)||154.7 (68)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||251.7 (46)||292.6 (17)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||13 (104)||9 (51)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (61)||12 (35)|
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 57 points per game, 9.5 points more than the total of 47.5 for this matchup.
- The 50 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.5 more than the 47.5 total in this contest.
- Marshall has won two games against the spread this season.
- Coastal Carolina is 4-1-0 ATS this season.
- Marshall has been favored by 4.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread twice as an underdog by 4.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Marshall Statistical Leaders
- Cam Fancher has 1,679 passing yards (239.9 per game) and a 67.1% completion percentage (161-for-240), pitching seven touchdown passes and six interceptions. He also has 130 rushing yards on 85 attempts (with two touchdowns).
- Rasheen Ali has 124 attempts for a team-high 641 rushing yards (91.6 per game) and 11 touchdowns. He also has 15 catches for 144 receiving yards (20.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Ethan Payne has rushed for 172 yards (24.6 per game).
- Darryle Simmons has 21 receptions for a team-high 220 yards (31.4 per game).
- Caleb Coombs has been targeted 34 times and chipped in with 208 yards (on 24 catches) plus two touchdowns.
- Cade Conley has collected 203 yards on 20 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 29.0 yards per game.
- Sam Burton has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 2.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Eli Neal has racked up 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Micah Abraham has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 11 tackles and three passes defended.
Coastal Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Grayson McCall has passed for 1,919 yards (151-of-224), with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions (274.1 yards per game).
- Braydon Bennett has taken 72 carries for a team-leading 344 rushing yards (49.1 per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He’s also caught 14 passes for 151 yards (21.6 receiving yards per game).
- CJ Beasley has run for 162 yards on 39 carries (23.1 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground. He also has nine catches for 106 yards.
- Sam Pinckney has hauled in 39 catches for 565 yards, best on his team, and four touchdowns. He averages 80.7 receiving yards per game.
- Jared Brown’s stat line this year shows 33 catches for 411 yards and one touchdown. He averages 58.7 receiving yards per game.
- Jameson Tucker is averaging 33.7 receiving yards per game, racking up 11 receptions (17 targets) for 236 yards and two touchdowns.
- Micheal Mason has collected a team-leading 1.5 sacks, while adding 1.0 TFL and 24 tackles.
- Clayton Isbell leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 29 tackles and three interceptions over the current campaign.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!