NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Evanston, Illinois
- Venue: Ryan Field
|Maryland||-13.5 (-107)||O 49.5 (-102)||-588|
|Northwestern||+13.5 (-113)||U 49.5 (-125)||+412|
The Maryland Terrapins (5-2) are big favorites (-13.5) versus the Northwestern Wildcats (3-4) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 49.5.
The Terrapins fell to the Illinois Fighting Illini 27-24 in their most recent outing. The Wildcats are coming off of a 17-9 loss to the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Maryland vs. Northwestern Key Stats
- Maryland, on average, scores 7.5 more points (33.4) than Northwestern allows (25.9).
- In games where Maryland scores over 25.9 points, it is 5-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- When Northwestern limits opposing offenses to less than 33.4 points, it is 2-2 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- This season Northwestern scores just 1.5 more points per game (20.1) than Maryland gives up (18.6).
- Northwestern is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games when it puts up more than 18.6 points.
- This season Maryland is 3-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 20.1 points.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||422.3 (53)||299.3 (128)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||337.1 (34)||345.7 (41)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||140.9 (86)||99.9 (122)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||281.4 (29)||199.4 (101)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (14)||6 (14)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||13 (20)||7 (106)|
Maryland vs. Northwestern Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 53.5 points per game, 4.0 points more than the total of 49.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s point total is 5.0 fewer points than the 44.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- Maryland has covered three times in six matchups with a spread this season.
- Northwestern is 3-2-0 ATS this season.
- Maryland has been favored by 13.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Northwestern has been an underdog by 13.5 points or more this year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Maryland Statistical Leaders
- Taulia Tagovailoa has registered 1,926 passing yards (275.1 per game) while completing 159 of 249 throws (63.9%), with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions. He has added 83 rushing yards (and four touchdowns), averaging 11.9 per game.
- Roman Hemby has rushed for a team-best 414 yards (59.1 per game) and four touchdowns. He also has 180 receiving yards on 18 catches .
- Antwain Littleton has rushed for 227 yards (32.4 per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Jeshaun Jones has hauled in 27 passes for a team best 418 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 59.7 receiving yards per game.
- Kaden Prather’s stat line this year reveals 27 catches for 373 yards and five touchdowns. He averages 53.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 44 times.
- Tai Felton has 350 receiving yards on 25 receptions (42 targets), with three touchdowns, averaging 50.0 yards per game.
- This season Kellan Wyatt leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Beau Brade has totaled 35 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Tarheeb Still leads the team with three interceptions and has added 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
Northwestern Statistical Leaders
- This year, Ben Bryant has put up 926 passing yards (132.3 per game) while connecting on 95 of 161 passes (59%), with six touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Cam Porter has picked up a team-high 319 rushing yards (45.6 per game) and scored one touchdown.
- Anthony Tyus III has 103 yards on 16 carries (14.7 yards per game).
- This season Bryce Kirtz has 27 receptions for a team-high 423 yards (60.4 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Cam Johnson has hauled in 29 catches for 339 yards (48.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- A.J. Henning is averaging 21.3 receiving yards per game, racking up 20 receptions (37 targets) for 149 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Xander Mueller leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 5.0 TFL, 42 tackles, and one interception.
- Bryce Gallagher has racked up 56 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- In terms of picks, Devin Turner leads the team with one interception this season and has added 31 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!