NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Denton, Texas
- Venue: Apogee Stadium
|Memphis||-5.5 (-147)||O 66.5 (-119)||-277|
|North Texas||+5.5 (+120)||U 66.5 (-106)||+218|
A pair of the country’s strongest offenses meet when the Memphis Tigers (5-2) take college football’s 20th-ranked scorers into a contest versus the North Texas Mean Green (3-4), featuring the No. 25 offense, on Saturday, October 28, 2023. The Tigers are 5.5-point favorites. An over/under of 66.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Tigers enter this matchup after a 45-21 win over the UAB Blazers in their last game. Last time out, the Mean Green were defeated by the Tulane Green Wave 35-28.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Memphis vs. North Texas Key Stats
- Memphis has put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game (35.6) as North Texas has allowed (35.4).
- When it goes over what North Texas gives up this season (35.4 points per game), Memphis is 3-0 and 2-0 against the spread.
- North Texas is 2-2 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 35.6 points.
- This year North Texas puts up 11.9 more points per game (34.6) than Memphis surrenders (22.7).
- When North Texas scores more than 22.7 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- When Memphis gives up fewer than 34.6 points, it is 3-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||416.1 (59)||470.1 (23)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||371.1 (57)||456.3 (116)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||149.7 (75)||179.9 (34)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||266.4 (40)||290.3 (21)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (51)||10 (65)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (35)||12 (35)|
Memphis vs. North Texas Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 70.2 points per game, 3.7 points more than the total of 66.5 for this game.
- The 58.1 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 8.4 fewer than the 66.5 over/under in this contest.
- Memphis has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover three times.
- North Texas has won three games against the spread this season, failing to cover zero times.
- Memphis has covered the spread once when favored by 5.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- North Texas has won each of its two games this year when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Memphis Statistical Leaders
- Seth Henigan has thrown for 1,856 yards while completing 66.3% of his passes (163-for-246), with 15 touchdowns and seven interceptions (265.1 yards per game). He’s also run the ball 61 times for 165 yards and three touchdowns.
- Blake Watson has taken 103 carries for a team-leading 593 rushing yards (84.7 yards per game) and seven touchdowns. He’s also caught 29 passes for 248 yards with one touchdown receiving.
- So far this year Sutton Smith has run for 190 yards (27.1 per game), with two touchdowns.
- Roc Taylor has 38 catches (59 targets) and paces his team with 556 receiving yards (79.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- DeMeer Blankumsee has also contributed with 363 yards, on 26 catches plus three touchdowns. He puts up 51.9 receiving yards per game.
- Cormontae Hamilton has collected a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Chandler Martin’s 51 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- This season Cameron Smith leads the team with two interceptions and has added 19 tackles and two passes defended.
North Texas Statistical Leaders
- Chandler Rogers has thrown for 1,762 yards while completing 64.7% of his passes, with 14 touchdowns and one interception (251.7 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 58 times for 153 yards and three touchdowns.
- Ayo Adeyi has picked up a team-best 507 rushing yards (72.4 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Oscar Adaway III has 260 yards on 59 carries (37.1 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Jay Maclin has hauled in 33 catches for 658 yards, best on his team, and nine touchdowns. He averages 94.0 receiving yards per game.
- Roderic Burns has added 31 catches for 330 yards and one touchdown this year. He has been targeted 45 times, and averages 47.1 receiving yards.
- Damon Ward Jr. is averaging 35.7 yards per game, with 19 catches for 250 yards and four touchdowns.
- This season Mazin Richards leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Jordan Brown has racked up 52 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Phillip Hill has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 21 tackles and three passes defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!