NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Protective Stadium
|Memphis||-4.5 (-112)||O 62.5 (-116)||-196|
|UAB||+4.5 (-108)||U 62.5 (-109)||+158|
The Memphis Tigers (4-2) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5) — against the UAB Blazers (2-5) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 62.5.
The Tigers enter the matchup after losing 31-21 to the Tulane Green Wave in their last game on October 13. The Blazers’ last game was a 41-20 loss to the UTSA Roadrunners.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Memphis vs. UAB Key Stats
- UAB’s defense has allowed 36.6 points per game this season, about the same as the 34 Memphis has scored.
- When it exceeds what UAB gives up this season (36.6 points per game), Memphis is 2-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- UAB scores 7.1 more points per game (30.1) than Memphis allows (23).
- UAB is 1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team scores more than 23 points.
- This year Memphis is 1-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 30.1 points.
Here are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||426.8 (62)||437.6 (20)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||369.5 (42)||428.4 (124)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||142.5 (82)||143.6 (80)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||284.3 (28)||294 (24)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (66)||12 (102)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (79)||13 (14)|
Memphis vs. UAB Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Memphis averages 34 points per game against UAB’s 30.1, amounting to 1.6 points over the matchup’s point total of 62.5.
- The 59.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 2.9 fewer than the 62.5 total in this contest.
- Memphis has covered twice in five games with a spread this season.
- UAB is 3-1-0 ATS this season.
- Memphis has covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- UAB has been an underdog by 4.5 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Memphis Statistical Leaders
- Seth Henigan has 1,697 yards through the air (282.8 per game) and a 66.1% completion percentage (144-for-218), pitching 13 touchdown passes and seven interceptions. He also has 129 rushing yards on 50 carries (with three touchdowns).
- Blake Watson has churned out a team-high 468 rushing yards (78 per game) and scored six touchdowns. He has tacked on 26 catches for 233 yards with one receiving touchdown.
- Sutton Smith has 169 rushing yards on 35 carries, and two touchdowns.
- Roc Taylor has 34 catches (on 50 targets) and leads the team with 507 receiving yards (84.5 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- DeMeer Blankumsee has also chipped in with 25 receptions (on 43 targets) for 357 yards, scoring three touchdowns.
- Andres Fox has registered a team-leading 1.5 sacks, while adding one TFL and eight tackles.
- Chandler Martin’s 43 tackles, five TFL, and one sack mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- DJ Bell has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 14 tackles and one pass defended in six games this season.
UAB Statistical Leaders
- Jacob Zeno has passed for 1,905 yards (189-of-254), with 12 touchdowns and six interceptions (272.1 yards per game). He’s also rushed 59 times for 135 yards and four touchdowns.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has churned out a team-high 327 rushing yards (46.7 per game) and scored eight touchdowns. He has added 25 catches for 261 yards.
- Isaiah Jacobs has 249 yards on 55 carries (35.6 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns.
- This year Tejhaun Palmer has 25 receptions and leads the team with 386 yards (55.1 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Amare Thomas has also tacked on 35 catches for 326 yards and two touchdowns this year. He has been targeted 45 times, and averages 46.6 receiving yards.
- This season Desmond Little leads the team with three sacks and has added two TFL and 16 tackles.
- Keondre Swoopes’ 37 tackles and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- BJ Mayes has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 21 tackles and three passes defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!