NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: NBC
- City: East Lansing, Michigan
- Venue: Spartan Stadium
|Michigan||-24.5 (-108)||O 47.5 (-119)||-3333|
|Michigan State||+24.5 (-112)||U 47.5 (-106)||+1164|
The No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (7-0) and Michigan State Spartans (2-4) meet with the Paul Bunyan Trophy the prize on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Spartan Stadium. The Wolverines are huge favorites, by 24.5 points. The expected point total for the game is 47.5.
In their last outing, the Wolverines knocked off the Indiana Hoosiers 52-7. The Spartans’ last game ended in a 27-24 loss to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Michigan vs. Michigan State Key Stats
- Michigan has scored 39.4 points per game this season, 15.1 more than Michigan State has given up.
- Michigan is 7-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread when it scores over 24.3 points.
- When the Spartans defense allows less than 39.4 points, Michigan State has accumulated a 2-3 overall record and a 2-1 record against the spread.
- This year Michigan State puts up 15.3 more points per game (22.0) than Michigan gives up (6.7).
- Michigan State is 2-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall in games when it puts up more than 6.7 points.
- This season Michigan is 3-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 22.0 points.
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||413.7 (32)||350.3 (109)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||233.1 (5)||334.0 (24)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||182.0 (41)||118.7 (111)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||231.7 (70)||231.7 (70)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (11)||15 (131)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (19)||9 (61)|
Michigan vs. Michigan State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the game of 47.5 is 13.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Michigan (39.4 points per game) and Michigan State (22.0 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 31 points per game, 16.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Michigan has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover once.
- Michigan State has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Michigan has been favored by 24.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Michigan Statistical Leaders
- J.J. McCarthy has put up 1,512 passing yards (216.0 YPG) with a 78.2% completion percentage (111-for-142) while firing 14 touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has 160 yards on the ground via 30 carries and three rushing touchdowns.
- Blake Corum has churned out a team-leading 546 rushing yards (78.0 per game) plus 12 touchdowns.
- Donovan Edwards has run for 197 yards (28.1 per game), with one touchdown on the ground. He also has 18 catches for 161 yards .
- Roman Wilson has been targeted 33 times and has 25 catches, leading his team with 396 yards (56.6 ypg) while also scoring nine touchdowns.
- Cornelius Johnson has tacked on 19 receptions (on 27 targets) for 357 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Colston Loveland has 285 receiving yards on 19 receptions (25 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 40.7 yards per game.
- Jaylen Harrell has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Junior Colson has collected 35 tackles and 2.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Mike Sainristil has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 17 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended in seven games this season.
Michigan State Statistical Leaders
- Noah Kim has passed for 1,090 yards (91-of-161), with six touchdowns and six interceptions (181.7 yards per game).
- Nathan Carter has racked up a team-high 529 rushing yards (88.2 per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Jalen Berger has 90 yards on 24 carries (15.0 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Montorie Foster has racked up 24 catches for 274 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 45.7 receiving yards per game.
- Tre Mosley has contributed with 228 yards on 23 catches and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 37 times and averages 38.0 receiving yards.
- Jaron Glover has caught 12 passes on 23 targets for 227 yards.
- This season Brandon Wright leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 1.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Cal Haladay has totaled 40 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception this season, leading his team in tackles.
- Angelo Grose has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 29 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!