NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: NBC
- City: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Huntington Bank Stadium
|Michigan||-19.5 (-109)||O 47.5 (-114)||-1428|
|Minnesota||+19.5 (-111)||U 47.5 (-111)||+766|
The No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (5-0) and Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-2) meet with the Little Brown Jug the prize on Saturday, October 7, 2023 at Huntington Bank Stadium. The Wolverines are huge favorites, by 19.5 points. An over/under of 47.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their most recent game, the Wolverines won 45-7 over the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The Golden Gophers’ last game finished in a 35-24 win over the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Michigan vs. Minnesota Key Stats
- Michigan, on average, is scoring 12.8 more points per game this season (34.4) than Minnesota is allowing (21.6).
- In games where Michigan scores more than 21.6 points, it is 5-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- When Minnesota limits opposing offenses to fewer than 34.4 points, it is 3-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- This year Minnesota racks up 18.0 more points per game (24.0) than Michigan allows (6.0).
- Minnesota is 0-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall in games when it scores more than 6.0 points.
- When Michigan allows fewer than 24.0 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
Here are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||411.4 (51)||342.2 (96)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||246.2 (7)||361.4 (71)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||184.0 (39)||193.2 (32)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||227.4 (74)||149.0 (124)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (28)||6 (49)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (76)||10 (14)|
Michigan vs. Minnesota Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the game of 47.5 is 10.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Michigan (34.4 points per game) and Minnesota (24.0 points per game).
- The 27.6 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 19.9 fewer than the 47.5 total in this contest.
- Michigan has covered twice in three chances against the spread this season.
- Minnesota is winless against the spread this season (0-2-0).
- Michigan has covered the spread once when favored by 19.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Michigan Statistical Leaders
- J.J. McCarthy has thrown for 1,071 yards while completing 79% of his passes (83-for-105), with 10 touchdowns and three interceptions (214.2 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 16 times for 116 yards and one touchdown.
- Blake Corum has rushed for a team-best 425 yards (85.0 per game) and nine touchdowns.
- Donovan Edwards has run for 157 yards (31.4 per game). He also has 12 catches for 103 yards .
- Roman Wilson has been targeted 25 times and has 19 catches, leading his team with 326 yards (65.2 ypg) while scoring eight touchdowns.
- Cornelius Johnson has 15 catches for 256 yards (51.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- Colston Loveland has collected 181 yards on 15 receptions, averaging 36.2 yards per game.
- Jaylen Harrell has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 1.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Junior Colson has totaled 25 tackles and 2.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Mike Sainristil has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 12 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
Minnesota Statistical Leaders
- Athan Kaliakmanis has thrown for 745 yards while completing 58.7% of his passes, with five touchdowns and four interceptions (149.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 31 times for 92 yards and two touchdowns.
- Darius Taylor has picked up a team-high 532 rushing yards (106.4 per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Sean Tyler has 183 yards on 40 carries (36.6 yards per game).
- This year Daniel Jackson has 20 catches for a team-high 252 yards (50.4 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Corey Crooms has also chipped in with 19 catches for 227 yards this year. He has been targeted 31 times, and puts up 45.4 receiving yards.
- Lemeke Brockington is averaging 14.6 yards per game, with five catches for 73 yards and one touchdown.
- Danny Striggow has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 3.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Maverick Baranowski’s 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Tyler Nubin has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 11 tackles and three passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!